The Partick Thistle thread

Darnell fisher is a fucking appalling player. f**k that.

Err...where are you getting that from? Ive hardly seen the guy make a mistake really for us. If he was a left back he would proably be punting Izzy out the team, its just unfortunate for him that he has had two very good right backs ahead of him.

Hes no world beater but he would easily get in most spl sides right now.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/july_2015/be_a_pro_-_your_chance_to_become_a_fully_registered_ptfc_player

This season, for the first time, PTFC is offering Jags fans the opportunity to achieve he ultimate football fan's fantasy - the chance to become a fully registered, official player for Partick Thistle Football Club.

This is your chance to live the life of a professional footballer and do exactly what your favourite Thistle stars do. This once in a lifetime package includes:

• Being officially registered as a Partick Thistle player with both the SPFL and the SFA

• The chance to choose your own squad number (numbers available must be over 40)

• A full official home and away kit with name, number and Ladbrokes SPFL patches

• A full set of official first team training kit with your chosen number

• Your signing being announced on the PTFC website along with official PTTV video interview

• Being part of the official team photo with signed and framed copy for you.

• Your very own profile page on the players page of ptfc.co.uk and inclusion in the squad page of the match programme

• Appear on the team sheets distributed at home matches over the course of the season

• The chance to take part in a first team training session at the PTFC open day

We have a limited number of these packages available so, here's how you can be part of this incredible, and truly once in a lifetime, opportunity:

The five available Be a Pro slots will be put up on a silent auction with each place holding a £750 reserve. The auction will run for a week and, at the end of each day, we'll publish the top bids so you know whether you're in line to join the Thistle squad or whether you need to dig a little deeper to achieve your dream. The auction will close for bids at 5pm on Thursday July 9th and the winners will be notified soon after so don't let this incredible opportunity pass you by.

To register your bid all you need to do is email your bid, along with contact details to anna.kerr@ptfc.co.uk.

Good luck to everyone.

:lol:

Worth a try and see if anyone is mental enough to pay for it I suppose.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

I wouldn't even bother with Miller as a trialist, hes of a decent age and a good solid pro at this level which will be important in a fairly young and small squad. Ken wit yer gettin as opposed to some c**t who has warmed the bench for Macclesfield and some mob over in Malta popping in for a trial.

Err...where are you getting that from? Ive hardly seen the guy make a mistake really for us. If he was a left back he would proably be punting Izzy out the team, its just unfortunate for him that he has had two very good right backs ahead of him.

Hes no world beater but he would easily get in most spl sides right now.

From the admittedly few times I've seen him play, he's looked fucking shite.

On the pay to become a player thing. Are we sure that's legal? Don't players have to be registered as such with the SFA, and if we list illegitimate players on our team sheet, aren't we at risk of points deductions and the like?

Edited, I overlooked the bit about including registration with the SFA.

However, will you be subject to i.e. drug tests and other things that could get the club into trouble. What about gambling!!?

Edited by Griff Sheridan

On the pay to become a player thing. Are we sure that's legal? Don't players have to be registered as such with the SFA, and if we list illegitimate players on our team sheet, aren't we at risk of points deductions and the like?

Edited, I overlooked the bit about including registration with the SFA.

However, will you be subject to i.e. drug tests and other things that could get the club into trouble. What about gambling!!?

Motherwell have done this thing for a few years now think they have raised a few bob out of it as well

A few Cardiff message board posts suggesting Wickham was destined for their first team. Surprised they let him go.

If he is decent and if we signed him with a promise of first team football then that all sounds promising.

Any links to them?

Surprised it's as many as 4. I'd guess it'll be a RB (Wickham), striker (Taylor), another number '10' (Shiels?) and probably someone who can cover all defensive positions (Miller).

I would accept 3 if Wickham is coming in to be brought into the first team slowly, Miller for starting RB and general cover, and Taylor (or another striker) to challenge Doolan. I think another good number 10 would be expensive though and we don't really need him given we have Stevo, Lawless and Amoo, with McDaid and Elliot as backup.

Obviously nice to have more, I'm writing this from the context of us being skint.

Yeah, thought we would replace Higgy, Taylor (or sign him), SOD and Balatoni. Wilson would then take Craigens spot and Lindsay would take BRE's. Would mean the squad is skimmed by a couple of players. Plus Muirhead and McMillan left mid-season.