The Partick Thistle thread

I remember Miller as being a fairly dynamic full back with Livingston, contrary to what St Johnstone fans have to say about him during his time with them. I also remember him being hot-headed. Pretty sure I've seen him sent off against us while he played for County, possibly after an altercation with Paul Cairney.

Anyway, he's no O'Donnell, but he's on a par or better than McMillan. I'd be fairly satisfied if he was to sign, which seems more and more likely.

Edited by Nizzy

I remember Miller as being a fairly dynamic full back with Livingston, contrary to what St Johnstone fans have to say about him during his time with them. He's no O'Donnell, but he's on a par or better than McMillan. I'd be fairly satisfied if he was to sign, which seems more and more likely.

He's by no means bad going forward. It's just saints fans compare ever fullback to Dave Mackay, who was probably the best right back in the league for 2/3 seasons a couple ago. My worry with Miller was never that he'd get up the pitch, it was him getting stranded and exposed when he couldn't get back. He's got an awful habit of losing the ball when trying to pass down the line and teams can get in behind.

He's a solid player and I suspect we never saw the best if him since he never got a real run.

Anyway, he's no O'Donnell, but he's on a par or better than McMillan. I'd be fairly satisfied if he was to sign, which seems more and more likely.

Must confess I`ve never thought him a standout and I`m surprised you consider him as being at least as on a par with McMillan who I thought was a certainty to be our POY

I might approach matches more forensically than you. I can't confess to being blown away by him at Saints, but I thought he was more than just a competent player at his previous clubs. There's certainly nothing to suggest that he's any worse than McMillan, and we can console ourselves with the fact he's professional.

Edited by Nizzy

Widge's description of Gary Miller sounds nothing like the Gary Miller at Ross County. I remember him as a fairly offensive full-back, who wasn't adverse to bombing forward and getting into the final third.

Learn to read properly m80.

Edited by yoda

There was a striker, a Thistle striker called James Alabi,

alabi alabi alabi alabi alabi alabi

a-woooooooooooooooooooo oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames alaaaaaaaaaaaaabi

to the tune of 'the lion sleeps tonight'!