The Partick Thistle thread

Be funny if it was Ryan Stevenson, but aye the only spare-ish players we have are Fraser, Wilson, or Scully, and I can't see any of them going so whilst our interest in Stanton is probably true, was rumoured before, I think it'll be a one-way deal.

Looks like Balatoni's ideal of a new challenge has died on its arse and financial reality has hit home for him.

Yeah, McDaid could be a possibility as well. Not exactly buzzing at the thought of signing him, although he looked good a couple of seasons ago in the top league. Booth and Cerny have both been decent as well after arriving from Hibs. Balatoni would have been one of the players who was told at the end of the season that the grass isn't always greener, seems like he's finding that out the hard way.

I don't get why people would take Balatoni back. Apart for a 3 month spell he was pretty poor in the Premiership. Lindsay and Hendry are just as good and are 4/5 years younger. I still love the guy though.

Stanton would be a good signing I think. We badly need creative players and Stanton was impressive when Hibs went down but hasn't done much since. Booth and Cerny have worked out well for us though.

No idea who Hibs would be getting in return. McDaid possibly but I'd only let him go if we were getting another wide/creative player in addition to Stanton from somewhere.

Edited by Reid

I don't get why people would take Balatoni back. Apart for a 3 month spell he was pretty poor in the Premiership. Lindsay and Hendry are just as good and are 4/5 years younger. I still love the guy though.

Stanton would be a good signing I think. We badly need creative players and Stanton was impressive when Hibs went down but hasn't done much since. Booth and Cerny have worked out well for us though.

No idea who Hibs would be getting in return. McDaid possibly but I'd only let him go if we were getting another wide/creative player in addition to Stanton from somewhere.

There's an element of the James Craigen type "he's a nice guy" for wanting Balatoni to stay but the fact his best 3 months in the Premiership were the last 3 months tended to suggest something had finally clicked and he had formed a decent partnership with Frans. It's a bit of a boot in the baws to go from a year of mixing and matching the defence to finally having a settled back line only for us to go back to the lucky dip of who'll be the centre half pairing on any given weekend this season.

We definitely need a more consistent team selection this season, not just in defence, but all over the park.

We can't bring these guys in and then chop and change without giving them time to gel together and get used to how each other play. Look at the interplay between Doolan and Erskine when he was with us. They could read and knew each other's game. That won't happen if Archie is chopping and changing all the time. He needs to find his best eleven and stick with it as much as possible.

We definitely need a more consistent team selection this season, not just in defence, but all over the park.

We can't bring these guys in and then chop and change without giving them time to gel together and get used to how each other play. Look at the interplay between Doolan and Erskine when he was with us. They could read and knew each other's game. That won't happen if Archie is chopping and changing all the time. He needs to find his best eleven and stick with it as much as possible.

Definitely. Last season it was a major problem as our back 4 never stayed the same 2 games in a row for months. As said already, Balatoni and Frans struck up a very solid partnership when they were played together consistently. This season already we've had the exact same problem, our CB pairing is changed game after game.

Archie G. You're absolutely right. The analysis is shocking. I've noticed the media and how terrible the journalism is. TBF it's not just for us. I've noticed it for a few teams. But you're right that we get little to any coverage on why things are bad at Firhill.

If you compare the analysis in England it's vastly superior in terms of analysis on all levels. Even for the lower leagues.

An example on TV...I watched poor Pat Nevin sit next to Chris Boyd last week on sportscene after Killie got pumped 4-0 and it was embarrassing commentary and Pat was cringing as he gets to go on MOTD which is light years ahead. Boyds the best the BBC can give us on the panel!???

With us having 3 strikers now it'd be nice to see if we could change it up a bit and go 2 up front on occasion since we're struggling for goals. Not that it helped much v Falkirk in the 2nd half right enough.

Fairly happy with that signing. If we can get Stanton in too then that could solve our problems creating chances.