The Partick Thistle thread

Thoughts on Conrad Balatoni? Was a trialist for us today.

Clearly things getting desperate. He left us as wanted a go in England or a step up. He was capable enough in the Prem with a good partner next to him. Absolutely bossed the Championship season we won the league.

Balatoni will be great in league 1, championship too, after 2 years he'd even come onto a game at premiership level after being given a couple of bummings. I thought he'd go down south or abroad but he's obviously run out of money after whoring himself all around Europe so taking the easy option.

No offence to Dunfermline intended but I would laugh a lot if after a summer of whoring himself to half of Europe he ends up in league one while our 2 best central defenders are probably a 19 and 20 year old.

He'll be good for a team like Dunfermline seem to be right now. Comfortable at playing out from the back and chips in goals from set pieces, it's probably someone like him playing the ball out from the back we miss.

Edit: That last part isn't really true, it's O'Donnell we blatantly miss but I'd still have Balatoni in the Premiership so for him to sign for a league 1 side would be a great signing for them.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

The player we missed out on was Darnell Fisher.

We barely even need him tbh. We have a new right back who's been decent enough (as well as having a weapon of a long throw) along with a whole host of others who are competent enough there including Dave Mackay, who seems to have moved permanently into the centre. Unless he can play left wing I can't see Fisher being involved that much unless he's vastly better than shaugnessy has been. Has Gary Miller really been that bad so far?

We are missing higgy I agree. We are missing someone who is gonna run at a full back.. Thought amoo would have been perfect for us but so far seems terrified to go forward. I think that's the only thing that we are missing at present and if we are able to get someone in who will be a bit greedy and take on someone I think we would have a starting 11 who would be able to take on most teams in league.

It's almost certainly SOD's absence that's notable, if Lawless left too, I'd fear much worse. Higgy was good, a character, a cocky shite at times, but he was a determined professional.....however, I thought we were fucked when Chris Erskine left.....

Archibald seems to hold a sort of Alex Ferguson paradox. That guy (apart from that one time) has been involved for 20 odd years. I think I've just formed an attachment for over half my life reading the name 'Archibald' next to Partick Thistle. He's capable of a better game than what we're getting IMO. Maybe, he's just like, 'pump it to pogs and win the second ball, amoo if you get it dae something, everybody else pass it around then just blooter it tae shit all'

But...I don't think that's what he is thinking. Somebody's gotta create something, be quicker, better, cleverer just for a second. A win, some confidence, and some swagger is needed. Honestly, if we avoid the playoffs, ill party like we've won the cup!

I'm beginning to get monumentally fucked off by us being ignored by the media when it comes to serious football analysis. Every paper I've read today has either hardly mentioned Thistle at all or just made an off the cuff remark about the fact that we haven't scored in all but one of our competitive matches to date. No hint as to why that might be happening and no indication that the writers give a f**k.

The Kingsley thing was great and it continues to be fun for all involved but rather than making us "not so cuddly" it's made us even more cuddly. "Those crazy guys at Thistle with their pure mad wee mascot guy, lol. Ah pure love it so ah dae".

I happened to mention on Twitter that I could not have given a monkey's about Celtic beating Malmo since it gave Thistle f**k all in relation to the teams round about them (everyone gets some £££ - yay! Celtic get ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ - booo!) and was chased round the internet by some green-eyed phanny telling me that wee teams had to work harder to get the fans in. Aye, right. Having followed the Hawick Shamrock bus down part of the M8 on Saturday evening, I'd be interested to see Celtic's local marketing in the Scottish Borders.

Seriously, I'm about to lamp someone.