The Partick Thistle thread

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, I'm sure. We also paid money for Super Kev McKinlay.

Archie saying the player we missed out on joined a club in our league so presumably was the guy Hamilton signed. We must have the smallest budget in the league.

For the first time in many many years, I don't want to go today.

I'm feeling in the same kinda of mood. I'm quite apathetic and don't fancy our chances today. I've even backed Aberdeen in a couple of lines. Something I rarely do, last time was before the 2-2 draw with United last season.

That and a look at the league table showing we are not bottom are my only crumbs of optimism for today's match.

The story on WAT said we and Accies were in for a player. The player apparently thought our offer was better so Accies then swooped for D'Acol. The player we were after went elsewhere. This version of events could be horseshite of course.

WAT reporting that we are set to announce losses of £400,000 for last season. Not a total surprise I guess and we have the Ladbrokes and Kingston sponsorship money to hopefully off set that this season, oh and the cup run money too...

Edited by Callum Booth

For the first time in many many years, I don't want to go today.

Totally but I think we're going down and it might be another 10 years until we get back. You should go and "enjoy" what you can.

Soon we'll be playing (and losing to) dross like Livingston and St Mirren.

I think Gary Fraser is the right answer for the last player we spent money on. We were also willing to spend money on Taylor last summer but never got him.

Last time I was this pessimistic about a game not involving Celtic at Firhill was Dundee Utd last season. I piled a fortune on them to beat us then we got a point. I'd be happy to do the same today if it meant we got a result.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Could also be the boy Robinson that Motherwell have just signed. It's obvious that we're offering shite wages this year. Don't know how much the board are to blame but it would be great to have a 'sugar daddy' like McGregor at County.

We've lost to Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen who will probably be the top 3 this season, the point at Hamilton with 10 men is beginning to look better and better with each passing week considering Hamilton's recent form and the point at Inverness is meh but seemed decent enough to get a point up there at the time so the draw against Kilmarnock is the only game that is really disappointing as we created enough chances to win it.

Still think it's far too early to be majorly worried. The next 4 games (Dundee at home, County away, Motherwell away and Dundee Utd at home) should tell us far more about whether we'll be scrapping it out to avoid relegation all season or not.