The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
9 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:
My main worry about the squad and what McCall's said about positions we're still looking for is that we'll be stuck with Bannigan and Docherty as the midfield 2, and if one of them is injured he'll shove Muirhead in there as a shit kicker, we're crying out for a proper defensive midfielder but given we've just let Sena go, I can't see one signing. He did say 2 more midfielders but they'll probably be more attacking
On a more positive note, the fact he's said he's looking to play 4-3-3 and the signing of Lawless and possibly Fitzpatrick should at least reduce the amount of centre mids stuck out wide and allow Turner or Smith to play as a #10

Good luck with that we played Muirhead in CM for weeks because we had no other midfielder the novelty of it wore if after about one week, the game passes his by in midfield and he could not pass water, competent at center half and right back yes but you don't want him anywhere near your midfield.

yes, that's why I'm worried, I've seen him play there for us in his first spell.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Jobby is an idiot for playing him (and Cammy Smith and also Kyle Turner) way out of position. No idea what his thinking behind it is.

His thinking was that Crawford, Smith and Turner were all better options than our natural winger (which is probably correct). A bigger fault and it’s entirely a failing by McCall was not signing an adequate right-winger who could come into the side, either last summer or in January. 
Thankfully now with the signing of Lawless and possibly Fitzpatrick he might actually have learned from past errors. 

12 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

If anyone wants us to sign him let me know and I'll rule it out only for it to happen hours later like with Mitchell yesterday.

He’s heading to Hartlepool apparently. 

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Who's yer trialist keeper? Ye naw just signed Mitchell?

We have just signed Mitchell but we could be looking at another keeper if Sneddon is injured.

Sneddon, Bannigan and Tiffoney are not in the squad again. Holt is out tonight too. 

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

We have just signed Mitchell but we could be looking at another keeper if Sneddon is injured.

Sneddon, Bannigan and Tiffoney are not in the squad again. Holt is out tonight too. 

It’s Mitchell in goals, just clearance hasn’t come through yet. 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s Mitchell in goals, just clearance hasn’t come through yet. 

Thanks for the confirmation. The SPFL website has added Mitchell to our new signing list so I was not sure if it was him.

Bizarrely, the SPFL have left Milne off it - https://spfl.co.uk/news/summer-signings-48489

Partick Thistle
Anton Dowds (Falkirk)
Aaron Muirhead (Ayr United)
Jack McMillan (Livingston)
Steven Lawless (Dunfermline Athletic)
David Mitchell (Hibernian)

Edited by Bishop Briggs

On 23/06/2022 at 13:16, Pie Of The Month said:

I think this Hartley side at Hartlepool has disaster written all over it but with any luck Niang makes a decent go of it.

Change 'think' to 'know' now they've signed Jake Hastie.

Edited by Pie Of The Month