The Partick Thistle thread

Mcinroy on paper would be a good signing but the balance of the squad would be tending a bit towards the 21/22 season where we have a load of decent centre midfielders and next to no cover on the wings resulting in guys playing out of position.

We definitely need another out and out centre half as well, don't fancy McMillan or Milne covering there much. 

McInroy would be a terrific signing for you guys but I can’t help but think he’s made for doing the same kind of job that Williamson and Alston would do. 

He’s probably better than both but would lead to a bit of imbalance in midfield. 

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McInroy would be a terrific signing for you guys but I can’t help but think he’s made for doing the same kind of job that Williamson and Alston would do. 

He’s probably better than both but would lead to a bit of imbalance in midfield. 

Insert Scooby Doo meme where "Kris Doolan's" mask is ripped off to reveal Ian McCall underneath and him saying "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for signing loads of central midfielders just because I can" 

Just now, Fuctifano said:

Insert Scooby Doo meme where "Kris Doolan's" mask is ripped off to reveal Ian McCall underneath and him saying "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for signing loads of central midfielders just because I can" 

That tactic is essentially why we got relegated in 2017 as he insisted a midfield five of Ross Docherty, Jamie Adams, Paul Cairney, Brian Gilmour and Robbie Crawford would be good enough to keep us up. 

7 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Hearts away in the cup. Won't be the Saturday as Hearts are in Europe the midweek before.

If Hibs get through against the Andorran mob, they’ll be playing on the Thursday as well.

And both Hearts and Hibs have been drawn at home in the League Cup.

Will both Edinburgh clubs be allowed to play at home on the Sunday? Or could we potentially be looking at a 50/50 chance of a Monday night game here?

Speaking to a Hearts fan in work and he says the cut in away allocation is due to selling more season tickets. With it being a cup game he seems to think we will get a decent allocation, hopefully. 

32 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

What was you boys views on Alegria?

I just seen a paper piece on him. 

I’m sure a few people said he was a nice guy but he was quite possibly the worst player we’ve had at the club in recent years, certainly up there. Really poor, he was miles off being a championship player, and it was no surprise Rangers punted him early.

Edited by JagsCG

24 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Very poor in a Thistle shirt. Energetic but ineffective and a first instinct to crumple in a heap at any contact in the faint and usually groundless hope that he may get a free kick. Seems he was a very different creature in a Falkirk strip and was well regarded by their support. Scored a few goals there too. 

46 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Due to Alegria being a red card waiting to happen, we ended up played Kevin Holt up front for half a game. There wasn’t a noticeable drop off in quality.

Absolutely fucking shite 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

He looked hopeless first few games but he came on to a game and was a proper link player who got 6 goals in the league between end of August and Jan. Got a few run of games and scored but then got a daft second yellow away to Peterhead diving for a pen and when we were 3/4-0 up.