The Partick Thistle thread

58 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

On the (probably fair) assumption that no one on here has ever heard of him, Transfermarkt seem to have him playing all across the attacking positions. 

Crawley have him as a midfielder. Might be the depth we're looking for in a wide position?

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I heard that the staff were actually checking that people had season tickets before allowing them to purchase this time. That definitely didn't happen for the playoff game in Larbert.

That extra check might have contributed to slowing things down a bit. Still a long way to go until we're a properly functioning club off the pitch, but I guess it's a small improvement in terms of professionalism regardless.

I got mine today and just gave the seat numbers for our season tickets and they were fine with that.

On the ticketing thing, did we not use to be able to load cup/ playoff games onto season ticket cards?

Was a pain in the backside, not being in my own seat at any of the home, playoff games 😬🤣

1 hour ago, Mike the Magyar said:

Do you really think we were paying 250,000 - 300,000 a year to one player?

I would say he was on no more than 2k a week so maximum would be 104k for the year. Totally possible but doubt it would be anymore more than that as i doubt McCall or his two assistants would have been on much more. I heard he was on 1.5k but the figure varies between 1k-2k depending on who you talk with.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Find it strange Ngwenya would want to come to us on loan where he's going to be injury cover rather than Arbroath where he'd play regularly or Ayr where they despise their full backs and would welcome him like a God.

We're just fucking massive mate

So if we look at squad from last year to this

Keepers: no change

Defence: Holt, McAvoy, Brownlie and Hodson replaced by Williams and Neilson. One more (Ngwenya?) here to come

DM: Docherty replaced by Williamson

AM: Turner, Smith and McKinnon replaced by McInroy, Robinson, and Alston

Wing: Tiffoney replaced by McDonald

Forwards: Mullen replaced by Adeloye

So numbers wise apart from in defence we've replaced all the leavers with senior players. Doesn't seem as likely as it did a month ago that the youth players will be getting much game time.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if McDonald can match Tiffoney's level so I'd say we're almost certainly weaker there, definitely in defence and probably DM. AM is much of a muchness (at the moment) and Adeloye should be better than Mullen.

Edited by Fuctifano

I'm surprised Ngwenya has decided he's happy going in behind Milne, who he's got absolutely no chance of supplanting. I think he showed enough last year to demonstrate that he's good enough to play Championship football. He never looked out of place when he got time on the park, but he was very much second fiddle to Liam Dick, and Milne is twice the player Dick is.

He never asked, but if I was advising him I'd have said Thistle is the last place he should go. At his age and ability, he needs to be starting games every week. 

For Thistle though, it's an excellent capture. He's not going to win Player of the Year, but I think he's about as good as you'll get as an undisputed back up.

19 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm surprised Ngwenya has decided he's happy going in behind Milne, who he's got absolutely no chance of supplanting. I think he showed enough last year to demonstrate that he's good enough to play Championship football. He never looked out of place when he got time on the park, but he was very much second fiddle to Liam Dick, and Milne is twice the player Dick is.

He never asked, but if I was advising him I'd have said Thistle is the last place he should go. At his age and ability, he needs to be starting games every week. 

For Thistle though, it's an excellent capture. He's not going to win Player of the Year, but I think he's about as good as you'll get as an undisputed back up.

This sounds a very fair comment. 
Maybe our Board is considering if we receive an exceptional offer for Milne then we would have a replacement who may sign permanently.