The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

Can't rely on him, need a new PERMANENT No 1.

This is usually when Sneddon would establish himself for the season...

Would he?

Let’s hope Myles Roberts is decent and can fill in adequately for these first few months of the season. I doubt we have the budget to sign another starting keeper when we still have spots at full back and striker which need filled and we’ve gone out the league cup early.

48 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Let’s hope Myles Roberts is decent and can fill in adequately for these first few months of the season. I doubt we have the budget to sign another starting keeper when we still have spots at full back and striker which need filled and we’ve gone out the league cup early.

With Diack as an option I am guessing striker will be set for the season (albeit maybe not ideal), so I’m asssuming if they can find a reasonable candidate they will sign another keeper.  Hopefully a loan signing that is good enough.

8 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

We have currently got a right back from England in training with the team. Kieran Lloyd, recently left Wigan.

Not much about him as limited first team experience. 

Said this on signing for Larne last season.

“I’m just really happy to be here.

“It’ll be a great challenge for myself playing in a new league and it will give me the platform to succeed in my career. It’s a strong league and from what I have seen it is very competitive, but I’m delighted to be joining a strong team with many qualities.

“I’m an attacking-minded player who is aggressive and hard-working so I think the supporters will like the way I play and I hope that I can give them some good performances during my time here.

“I want to play as many minutes and games as I can to help the team progress in all competitions.”

3 hours ago, baba douche said:

Yes, every season he's ended up No 1 almost by default

Which is why we got rid because he never ended up No1 by being outstanding or consistently competent.

Left back cover was certainly proven to be needed after the Clyde debacle so I’m happy with this. He must have something about him if he was at spurs and Doolan clearly sees something to if he’s handing out a 3 year deal. Young and can improve and if we’re honest, unless we go up I think it’s fair to say Harry Milne will be off. He’s premier league quality imo and deserves to be. So a bit of forward thinking here perhaps as the under study and eventual replacement? Rb and a striker and we’re sorted, hope this doesn’t come a the expense of a striker tho.

I wonder if Sayers can play RB as well.

Obviously it’s welcome to have some LB cover, and a three year deal suggests he’s been thoroughly scouted and we’re confident he’ll be good.

Sayers has played at left back, centre back and left mid during his career so far. Looks like a versatile player. 

I read someone who watches Spurs development games saying he is great on the ball and a promising player. A three year deal suggests he is a long term project, I would imagine he will begin this season as cover.

38 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

He must have something about him if he was at spurs 

Henoc Mukendi was at Liverpool. Simply being at a big clubs academy doesn’t mean much, imo.

That said, there’s been more hits than misses with Doolan’s recruitment so I’m happy to trust his judgement.