The Partick Thistle thread

26 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

We are going Dundee United loans mad at this rate, Watt, Grimshaw and now Middleton. 

I could be wrong but I think the maximum from one club in Scotland is three?

Again this may be wrong as the rules have changed a few times in recent years, but is it you’re allowed six loan players over the age of 21 in and out to and from other Scottish clubs. Also loans from England and elsewhere are not included in this total? 

If this is incorrect please someone clear it up. 

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Not that I think they’ll all happen, but are you even allowed that many loans from the one team? 

I think it's 3 from one team and 5 overall.

46 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Absolute disaster, makes me nervous only having two fit wingers now. Another injury and we are back to having a centre mid on the wing like we have with McInroy and Crawford in the past.

Ah Kerr McInroy, I wonder where he'll turn up as all seems very quiet as he was much sought after after his loan spells at Airdrie & Ayr which resulted in his Maryhill move. I wonder if he/agent playing the game and taking it to the wire for the best offer which is a bit dangerous at this level and surely his match fitness can't be great.

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir have been linked with Blair Alston. I'm always suspicious of when someone drops from full-time football to a part-time team in the latter stages of their career, and I'm keen to know what kind of player we can expect should the deal go through.

Thoughts and comments would be very welcome.

I would be very wary of him going part time. Probably another Craig Bryson for yourselves.

The type of signing that will maybe be heralded on Sportsound as a great signing because they recognise the name.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be amazed if he lasts the season. I'm going 14 games, 2 goals and 1 assist before f**king off to the Lowland league to seek opportunities outside football.

I reckon Alston could be a very good signing at League 1 level but only for a team that will dominate the ball. If Stenny are that type of team then he should do well but if not then be prepared to only notice Alston when he gets subbed off.

Aye thankfully I saw Roberts in the video briefly. Cannot recall if I saw Muirhead or not, but I expect O’Reilly to retain his place regardless. Hopefully whatever knock Muirhead picked up is not anything serious, we do not need anymore long term injuries.

1 hour ago, Vinnyjag said:

Liam Grimshaw signing gone a bit quiet.

Pretty disappointed that we are heading into the second league game of the season still without a right back at the club. It was clearly an area that needed addressing all summer.

In other news, supposedly we are closer to getting the Watt loan move over the line. Still appears to be the negotiations regarding the percentage of his wage we would pay as the only hold up.

Edited by R&Y99

24 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

The Dundee Utd thread on here suggests the opposite re Watt 

Could easily be the case, last update I heard on Watt was two days ago so the situation might have changed.