The Partick Thistle thread

Whoa there...

Agreed. However, he is not the shambles that he was at the start of the season, when Shaggy had to constantly explain to him who he had to cover, how to tuck in and all sorts of basics that you'd think would have been coached into him well before he reached us.  In that respect, it's been a success, and fair play to the management and coaches.

Higgy is a lot better than Amoo.

Two different players.

Different style, different attitude.

If anything I'd compare Amoo with Elliott and Higgy with Lawless.

Erskine is the best of all 4 of them rolled into one.

Someone on Facebook quoting the Sun saying that we're in for Blair Alston of Falkirk.

With that impeccable source I'm half expecting to see his signing appearing in Saturday's programme 8)

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/partickthistle/7033269/Partick-join-chase-for-Falkirk-star-Blair-Alston.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160328-_-SunScotSport-_-410457261-_-Imageandlink

Had been talking to my mate just yesterday about Alston as a Bannigan replacement. Similar type of player and chips in with a few goals (8 so far this season). Would be happy if we managed to get him but imagine a few clubs will be interested. He'll probably stay if Falkirk get promoted though.

Don't see him as a Bannigan replacement, he's more attacking. Would see him playing in the 3 behind Pogba/Doolan.

The source is The Sun so is probably bullshit but I'd be surprised if we weren't sniffing about.

Would be delighted if we were in the mix for Alston. Very tidy player.

Could see him as a Bannigan replacement albeit he's a different kind of player. He's perhaps not as energetic as Bannigan but he still gets about the pitch, and for what he might lack in terms of Bannigan's ball retention, he'll make up for in goal threat.

Agree with Armand 2. Alston is a more obvious attacking centre mid than Bannigan and would work well with Osman and Fraser (or Welsh) sitting behind him. He's got the discipline required to allow the two wingers (Erskine / Lawless / Amoo) to float around the attacking third. 

Don't see him as a Bannigan replacement, he's more attacking. Would see him playing in the 3 behind Pogba/Doolan.

The source is The Sun so is probably bullshit but I'd be surprised if we weren't sniffing about.

Was reading a Falkirk fans description of him, closes down the opposition and breaks up play but can push forward and link up with attackers, sounds fairly Bannigan-esque. We'll have Erskine, Fraser and potentially Edwards to play behind the striker so would think we're sorted there.

If St Johnstone couldn't agree a deal with him then I don't see any reason that we would be able to get him.

Unless he has a phobia of tractors.

We're apparently still talking to his agent, but have been advised he wont sign for anyone until after the season is finished.

Suspect he'll stay at Falkirk if they come up to be honest. He's a rather useful age as well - no compensation required!

Would imagine we'll be looking for another keeper. Gallacher seems to see himself as a coach, Scully will want first team football (and he's pish) and we'll loan Waters to some lower league diddy like Clyde or Dunfermline.

We're sorted for a keeper, strange how Scully just seemed to totally fall apart at Thistle, when he came to us originally he came with shocking reviews but he played to a higher standard than what Gallagher had been playing at when he left.

Football can be strange, find it pretty mental that Ryan Stevenston played top tier football this year, I'd blame him for your poor start Imo.

We're sorted for a keeper, strange how Scully just seemed to totally fall apart at Thistle, when he came to us originally he came with shocking reviews but he played to a higher standard than what Gallagher had been playing at when he left.

Swap deal for Faissal m9?