The Partick Thistle thread

Just wasted my lunch hour trying to work out at what point we are mathematically (as opposed to feasibly) safe from relegation. Failed. Too many permutations or I am just shit at numbers.

If we win tomorrow, we'll only need 2 points to be secure of avoiding automatic relegation.

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

By my reckoning, at Dingwall:

If we win, we finish in the top six if Motherwell, St Johnstone or Dundee lose, or if Dundee draw.

If we draw, we finish in the top six if Dundee lose.

If we lose, we don't finish in the top six.

That said, we could still go into the split anything from 4th to 9th.

By my reckoning, at Dingwall:

If we win, we finish in the top six if Motherwell, St Johnstone or Dundee lose, or if Dundee draw.

If we draw, we finish in the top six if Dundee lose.

If we lose, we don't finish in the top six.

That said, we could still go into the split anything from 4th to 9th.

ICT would need to drop points as well. 2 wins for them would pip you on goal difference.

Dumbuya could also play LB if both Frans and Lindsay are fit to allow Miller to play RB.

Even as one of the most pessimistic c***s going, I think we're safe now even if we don't get top 6 on Saturday, surely no way Killie and Hamilton are both going on enough of a run to overhaul us. Been some turnaround since the start of October.

If we don't make it, we're due away fixtures at Tannadice and Rugby Park after the split, good potential for some fun there.

Our points total now is already three points higher than it was at last season's split. Not many would have seen us improving after Higginbotham, Taylor and O'Donnell all left, but here we are.

I also make that a 5/5 winning record whenever we've given weird shit away to people entering the ground. We should do it every week.

Our points total now is already three points higher than it was at last season's split. Not many would have seen us improving after Higginbotham, Taylor and O'Donnell all left, but here we are.

I also make that a 5/5 winning record whenever we've given weird shit away to people entering the ground. We should do it every week.

Could maybe buy a huge box of macaroon bars at the cash and carry and hand them out at Victoria Park on Saturday? 

Our most important players are signing contract extensions, we've noticeably improved each season since we've came back up, we have a competent manager who diligently goes about his job without any fuss, our financial situation is as secure as its been in decades, we're well on our way to establishing a top-class youth academy and the patronising and dismissive attitude of the press towards our club is slowly starting to rescind.

What. A. Time. To. Be. Alive.

Booth has extended his contract until 2018 per the official site.

Terrific news, probably my pick for POTY.

With an option to extend until 2019. Excellent.

Hopefully we can get some of Osman, Amoo, Lawless and Seaborne tied up soon.

Just out of interest, how likely do you think the rest are to sign?

Assuming we don't want to retain the likes of Scully, Wilson and German, but would want to keep Frans and Miller - there'd be 7 first team players we'd look to get signed up.

Just going by gut feeling, this is how I see it. 

Yes | Osman

No | Bannigan

Yes | Seaborne

Yes | Amoo

No | Lawless

No | Frans

Yes | Miller

Bannigan's injury throws his situation up in the air but I could still see Aberdeen being interested in him. For some reason, I think Osman will stay, but I predict that one with no certainty. Lawless might depend on whether Dundee United stay up or not, but he'll probably have other interest too. And I think Frans will look for more first team football. Miller might too, right enough.

Bannigan's more likely to leave for a League One side provided his injury isn't as bad as first though. Outside the obvious candidates, I think Miller's deserving of at least another year. I posted the other day that I'd heard we're talking to a Championship defender. It's Lee Kilday, apparently.

Bannigan's more likely to leave for a League One side provided his injury isn't as bad as first though. Outside the obvious candidates, I think Miller's deserving of at least another year. I posted the other day that I'd heard we're talking to a Championship defender. It's Lee Kilday, apparently.

Captains the Morton team sometimes, know nothing about him apart from that. We went into this season with only 2 senior CBs which was probably budget enforced. Hopefully signing another defender means we're strengthening that area and he isn't coming in to replace someone leaving.