The Partick Thistle thread

3 scheduled midweek fixtures and away in all of them, 2 of them at 2 of the furthest possible venues. Good work.

Good news is the fixtures in terms of 2 guaranteed home games (Celtic, Aberdeen etc) went as predicted so we should get good away crowds this year.

5 of the last 8 before the split are away from home with two of the home games against Aberdeen and Celtic. A tough run in.

There is a midweek fixture after the split, so whats the odds we'll get Ross County away(for a third time) to complete the set??

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

Hopefully the home fixtures will see a rise in attendances.

Not great for away days for the fans though.

I just realised the Aberdeen game after Christmas is an evening game. Double BOOOOO!

Our new sponsor has been sorted so I hear. Will probably be announced along with our home kit.

I'm hoping for a return to the halcyon days of Johnstone Rolls or Colonel Gees Carpets type sponsors 8)

I was in doing overtime today and since I was bored and sad enough I counted up the unavailable seats on the buy a season ticket section of the official site now the period for reserving your own seat is over. We've sold around 1300-1400 (there's some areas that aren't available that you can't tell if they're sold or just greyed out by the club and I never included areas that are used for hospitality).

No idea how that compares to previous seasons but it seems quite low, probably why they extended the early bird period for another week there.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

There does seem a fair bit of apathy around; it started last season. Perhaps inevitable after the highs of winning SFL1 and a tumultuous first season in the Premiership - some fans (myself included) are less excited when we're aiming for lower-mid-table mediocrity (which, coupled with a cup run, should totally be our aim).

I think we're in danger of taking this period of success for granted, which through limiting Archie's budget will only hasten our return to the second tier and the resetting of our ten year (ish) cycle.

There does seem a fair bit of apathy around; it started last season. Perhaps inevitable after the highs of winning SFL1 and a tumultuous first season in the Premiership - some fans (myself included) are less excited when we're aiming for lower-mid-table mediocrity (which, coupled with a cup run, should totally be our aim).

I think we're in danger of taking this period of success for granted, which through limiting Archie's budget will only hasten our return to the second tier and the resetting of our ten year (ish) cycle.

I'm kind of hoping for a way out of that situation and mindset.