The Partick Thistle thread

19 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

The complete absence of official news on Bannigan did make me think he was long-term fucked again. Real shame for the guy if so, never mind the team.

At least if the guy ITK could actually confirm the injury rumour he shared is true, I'm sure the fans would show a bit of support for Bannigan tomorrow and give the guy something to be happy about. Guys always put 100% in for Thistle and if hes struggling it would b nice to show him we have appreciated him.

So the Bannigan situation is definitely injury related? I find that weird if it’s the case as nothing from the club, nothing on jagzone interveiws or even the jagscat (like they have been told not to mention it). 

I was getting the impression it was either a failed drugs test or gambling since there’s no reason for radio silence on an injury (regardless of circumstances). 

The club have hardly been forthcoming with injury information this season at all so that's hardly a surprise and even I used to be on the Jagscast once upon a time and I'm the least ITK person there is so it's not as if the club feed them information to give out or keep to themselves.

Today showed that Doolan and storey can work as a striking partnership, when they are actually played as such, not storey shoehorned into a wide left role. The only down side is that to do so we really have to play 3-5-2 (thus accommodating Barton as a sweeper) but I'm struggling to see how Spittal can fit in to that system and he hasn't really done anything to deserve being dropped

11 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Today showed that Doolan and storey can work as a striking partnership, when they are actually played as such, not storey shoehorned into a wide left role. The only down side is that to do so we really have to play 3-5-2 (thus accommodating Barton as a sweeper) but I'm struggling to see how Spittal can fit in to that system and he hasn't really done anything to deserve being dropped

3-4-1-2 with Cerny, back 3 of Keown, Barton and Devine, McGinn and Turnbull as wing backs, midfield two of Edwards and Bannigan(McCarthy if not fit), Spittal in behind Doolan and Storey.

3-4-1-2 with Cerny, back 3 of Keown, Barton and Devine, McGinn and Turnbull as wing backs, midfield two of Edwards and Bannigan(McCarthy if not fit), Spittal in behind Doolan and Storey.

I'm not averse to that other than the midfield being very lightweight and it means turnbull at lwb and based on today he looks a much better option at centre half

ETA obviously if osman is fit he adds muscle to the midfield if playing

Bannigan is injured and may well be for a long time...