The Partick Thistle thread

He wasn't really on long enough to really judge but he put in a couple decent tackles and put himself about.

I was impressed. Not scared to tell folk who to mark and got tore in. Looks like a good addition to the midfield.

16 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Best thing about today is Archie got the selection spot on for how we had to play ! Stevie lawless, not a defender at all but wow the effort that guy puts in to help the team out of position is unreal !! 

Think Lawless is the answer till we get Booth back, but only at left wing back, we need to stick with a back 3.

Noticed the Scotland squad with no Liam Lindsay again, apparently been doing very well for Barnsley. Feel as if he's going to be one of those players who will continually get over looked for c***s like Grant Hanley and the likes.

We all know how politics rules selection in this country. With Strachan gone it’s only one piece of the pie. For some reason they don’t want to see him succeed or they’d have put him in a squad seeing as we lack any quality at CB. The only way Liam gets picked is if he plays in English Premier league or another top league. It makes little sense as he’s clearly a massive talent and has a good head on his shoulders. I know we all wish him the very best and if he continues to develop he will get picked and make the Jags a wee profit with those sell on clauses.

This squad MacKay picked is hopeful and got some of this generations talent in it. Let’s hope the new manager sees that also and moves towards giving these new younger talents a real shot for the national team.

18 hours ago, Rednyella said:

We all know how politics rules selection in this country. With Strachan gone it’s only one piece of the pie. For some reason they don’t want to see him succeed or they’d have put him in a squad seeing as we lack any quality at CB. The only way Liam gets picked is if he plays in English Premier league or another top league. It makes little sense as he’s clearly a massive talent and has a good head on his shoulders. I know we all wish him the very best and if he continues to develop he will get picked and make the Jags a wee profit with those sell on clauses.

This squad MacKay picked is hopeful and got some of this generations talent in it. Let’s hope the new manager sees that also and moves towards giving these new younger talents a real shot for the national team.

All true, Ryan Jacks in the Scotland squad though wow.

18 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I see Aiden Nesbitt plays for MK Dons. That should put to bed the discussion of the EFL1 being anywhere near the quality of the Scottish Premiership.

Having watched a fair bit of English Football recently, I'd say some teams in League 1 are at lower Premier standard, but it drops very quickly to Scottish Championship level.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or was Barton farcical last night? Feel like every time he got the ball he was caught in possession or just passed to no one. Fell on his arse a couple of times as well for good measure. I'm thinking the only reason he's not been dropped is we are out of midfield options for now.

Hopefully in January we'll sign some more players that we can injure.

1 minute ago, thistledo said:

Hopefully in January we'll sign some more players that we can injure.

We have that many injuries I've lost track of when people are back - Archie said in the Hearts preview that Muzzy has picked up a complication in his knee..

If Booth is also back around Christmas and we are still short in CM then Archie might even try Penrice in there too since he's getting glowing reports (albeit in the Championship).

Once they are back to fitness we are due quite a lot of quality back in the side (Osman, Bannigan, Fraser, Penrice, Booth and Woods). The only problem is once they are all back, who else will then be injured? We're due a CB crisis tbh.