The Partick Thistle thread

4 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

No idea who he is, but at least we’ve got a back 4 now. Still need at least one, but ideally two more CBs and a wing-back and we should be sorted defensively.

Cover from midfield too.  

At least he's got a hundred odd games under his belt in the last few seasons. Jagzone interview suggests we were after him before the end of last season and he watched the playoff game on TV. We must at least think he's better than Balatoni...

2 hours ago, Maine said:

Didn’t Balatoni just finish up with Torquay, wonder if he recommended us or him.

Torquay were relegated to the National League South (the sixth tier). McGinty was one of the few players to be offered a new deal.  Balatoni was released and has signed for Edinburgh City.

Not too fussed. I slightly prefer stripes as we wore that when I started going, but plenty will have started when we wore hoops. I always think it's good we can flit between the two or even have something different ("Ajax" kit 2 years ago, pinstripes, even the jester top) whereas other teams are totally bound to their first choice kit.

Terribly sorry, horizontal stripes.
In that case I don't really think there is a "proper" kit. It was horizontal stripes from the 30's till the end of the 60's, a few years of plain yellow tops and then a mixture from then on but mainly vertical.
Personally, I'd wouldn't mind the occasional plain top with red trim.

McGinty seems like a confident lad in the Jagzone interview. We need vocal and he seems to be that. He’s got plenty of experience bouncing around the English lower leagues which to be fair could be a good thing. I see the opposite opinion but let’s see what he brings. I’m glad Alan is building from the back. Hopefully this week we see a couple more bodies come in. [emoji1303]

What else is on the shopping list?

Giant left sided centre back
Midfield 'human wood chipper' type
Full back cover, not named McGinn
Forward who can run fast but not shoot

Someone to play about 34 minutes before being released in January is usually on there

I think we need another keeper, not seen any of the young guy we have or if he’s ready for first team action. Bell sounds a bit injury prone and I would want someone with a bit more experience as back up. I’d quite like us to sign a random black guy who isn’t a god worshipper and who doesn’t invent his own clothing label.

Edited by costa