Squads for France & Italy

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0 against any Italian side with the negative tactics Strachan employs is not a horrendous result IMO. Are there any positives? No other than fact we got a game under our belts in Malta where we will play in a few months.......

The biggest negative for me though is the Manager continuing to play some of his chosen/favoured ones in Friendlies where the result means absolutely nothing......Its been said already but seriously, what is Strachan going to learn about people like Charlie Mulgrew, Steven Fletcher, Steven Naismith etc that he doesn't already know???

Before Forameus jumps in with his usual.......Friendlies are the only place that we can try new players out without the gamble of throwing them in when it matters so what is the Managers reluctance all about? I would rather lose a friendly than a game where it matters so what does he have to lose?

Saturday he will return to his tried and tested faves again, well the ones who are available, and what will we learn? We will learn that the French know exactly who Steven Fletcher is, a nailed on starter given he has been playing in France......We will learn that despite being awful for Norwich that Steven Naismith will always be the man played behind the lone striker even though he is nothing more than a poor mans Kenny Miller.........Finally we will learn that despite having some exciting options at Left Back, Charlie Mulgrew who is now 30 injury Prone and lacking pace will be the first choice in whichever position the Manager deems him to be, even though he is the same Manager who punted him from Celtic all those years ago........

Game in Malta under our belt 😂

Seriously you could take 11 players out of the SPL and if you don't beat Malta then simply retire from international football

Ps Strachan said that he would have started 5 or six regulars so they didn't experience the red hot atmosphere that is Malta

? In what way?

In that everytime I read one of your posts I usually find myself getting to the end then..

Sigh

You're one of they posters who constantly go on about the referendum as if it's taken something from your life, when you can't even write properly.

Disappointed not to have a go last night, only the 5th game where we haven't scored under GS.

Ritchie still could have stole it at the end.

One things for sure, play like that against France and they will give us a proper kicking.

Guest DAVIDB69

For what's it worth, I don't think JLD is David. JLD is far too fucking thick, as you can see.

Why on earth would a Dundee United fan have an alias connected to John Lambie

I am unlikely to post much in this section anymore as people are just too blinkered to see how bad we really are and we are getting worse .

The squad is shockingly bad , I appreciate we don't have much else however the selection policy means nothing is going to change

Guest DAVIDB69

Do you suggest we pick less talented players to make us better?

No of course not , but our so called first eleven just aren't very good.

Real problem is that we have a shed load of 30 somethings long past their best.

We are trying to blood a few youngsters who just aren't ready for international football as in some cases they haven't even seen much club football.

Where we are struggling is we have very few players if at all who are 24-27 who are playing at a good enough standard to make the transition to international football

Right we shouldn't play Phillips & McCormack because they are Championship, but we shouldn't pick anyone instead of them because they are worse.

Think we've cracked it, when's the 9-a-side World Cup?

Guest DAVIDB69

David is like that boy in the pub that'll always go on about how he used to watch Dalglish and Sounness etc and how we'll never get that again because of kids playing too much Xbox etc.

I am not saying I have the answer but I feel that is the main problem of where we are at the moment.

Matt Ritchie is about the only player we have in the mid 20s group who seems to look comfortable at international level and also looks capable of creating as well as being one of our main prospects of a goal

I am not saying I have the answer but I feel that is the main problem of where we are at the moment.

Matt Ritchie is about the only player we have in the mid 20s group who seems to look comfortable at international level and also looks capable of creating as well as being one of our main prospects of a goal

I dunno. I just think we'll always be a middling average nation along with plenty others. Think things seem worse than they are because of our awful record in qualifying, even if we'd gotten over the line 2/3/4 times in the last 20 year I don't think we would think we had such a big problem. I don't actually think we are that bad at all. We've just missed out, certainly room for improvement but it's not as disastrous as its made to be by some.

Here's a mad shout

Jordan Rhodes doesn't get picked because he "doesn't fit Gordon Stachan's system of play"

When you've got a forward of the calibre of Rhodes, surely you try to amend your style/system of play to incorporate him. I've never heard Chris Coleman say anything about Bale. Because he amended his tactics to suit the best players available to him.

Why don't Scotland do the same? Since everything thing else hasn't worked.

I dunno. I just think we'll always be a middling average nation along with plenty others. Think things seem worse than they are because of our awful record in qualifying, even if we'd gotten over the line 2/3/4 times in the last 20 year I don't think we would think we had such a big problem. I don't actually think we are that bad at all. We've just missed out, certainly room for improvement but it's not as disastrous as its made to be by some.

We are utterly honking. End of.

Archived