Squads for France & Italy

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with Strachan is that he assumes that any Scottish player playing in the Championship is good. The top 6 or 8 teams are top quality, but when he calls up players who play for bottom half teams, then they're no better than players in the Scottish Premiership (or Portugal or Turkey). McCormack being the exception.

ETA: There's also a huge lack of  international goals in the current squad - 41 between them. Fletcher is the top scorer with 8 - six of those were against Gibraltar

Guest DAVIDB69

The problem with Strachan is that he assumes that any Scottish player playing in the Championship is good. The top 6 or 8 teams are top quality, but when he calls up players who play for bottom half teams, then they're no better than players in the Scottish Premiership (or Portugal or Turkey). McCormack being the exception.

Thank you great point

Naismith had a clear sight of goal but couldn't sort his feet out to take a shot, managed to pass it to Ritchie who did well to get a decent shot away, side netting though.

Mind when the press were always joking about the Tartan Army knocking up an army of Argentine lassies in '78, and that we'd end up with a load of Latin superstars?

Maybe not the best of youth policies, in retrospect.

Those kids would all be 37-38 now, pretty fair to say that they've missed the International boat!!!

Unless of course they get a gig at CH for a championship club!!!

Whether you think another manager would do a better job, Italy have had a poor game tonight and have strolled it like a training exercise. I don't think we can feel hard done by about not being at the finals. It'll be interesting to see how the Irish perform against them - I'm guessing they'll cause a few more problems than we have, at least.

Dreadful same old shite. Why don't we just have a go

Because we'd get savaged if we went utterly balls out.

Its infuriating that folk on here moan like f**k constantly about us playing defensively against the best nations in the World, literally everyone outwith Spain and Germany play cautiously against Italy.

DavidB69 or whatever needs a ban aswell, a clear fucking alias who just spouts utter fucking drivel all over this. A literate dryhorce.

Those kids would all be 37-38 now, pretty fair to say that they've missed the International boat!!!

Unless of course they get a gig at CH for a championship club!!!

Aye, I'd just realised that. It was amusing how often it used to get mentioned, like some folk thought it was an actual possibility. And that a young man from one of the world's footballing powerhouses would think, "f**k this, I'm away to play for the country that my sperm donor came from"   :P

Archived