CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Scott Taggart would be an excellent signing. Former Hibernian youth academy players - of a certain generation - promise some things as a minimum. I'm thinking mostly of good technical skills, work-rate and movement.

I don't say that Taggart would be a good signing because of the above however. I happen to have been in his year at school and, as a result, played football with him a good bit. His fitness, work-rate, passing skills, touch, vision and flair were all outstanding then. He got picked up by Hibs quite early on, as I remember, and he was a central-midfielder before moving wide and then back into defence.

I've seen him play a few times since he got his break in senior football and, despite not taking the leagues by storm, there were more than a few glimmers of the talent I remember him having at school. If I was to pick out a fault I'd ysay that despite (now) being of a good height, he isn't the most powerful or imposing player. He was always quite a skinny lad and I never thought of him as being strong on the ball or in the challenge. He was never a whippet either, but not remarkably slow. I reckon if he'd real pace he'd have been a Championship (still) or SPL player.

Bottom-line? There is a lot of unrealised talent there and plenty which has surfaced already. Tags would do a stand-up job for Clyde. That is, even if he once thought of us as the wee-team that played in next-door Cumbernauld!

Scott Taggart would be an excellent signing. Former Hibernian youth academy players - of a certain generation - promise some things as a minimum. I'm thinking mostly of good technical skills, work-rate and movement.

I don't say that Taggart would be a good signing becausk

Bottom-line? There is a lot of unrealised talent there and plenty which has surfaced already. Tags would do a stand-up job for Clyde. That is, even if he once thought of us as the wee-team that played in next-door Cumbernauld!

I think he's quite tall from what I remember could play in a back 3 which seems to be the plan for next season, just with we'd hurry up and announce who is going and staying

m

I don't say that Taggart would be a good signing because of the above however. I happen to have been in his year at school and, as a result, played football with him a good bit. His fitness, work-rate, passing skills, touch, vision and flair were all outstanding then. He got picked up by Hibs quite early on, as I remember, and he was a central-midfielder before moving wide and then back into defence.

I've seen him play a few times since he got his break in senior football and, despite not taking the leagues by storm, there were more than a few glimmers of the talent I remember him having at school. If I was to pick out a fault I'd say that despite (now) being of a good height, he isn't the most powerful or imposing player. He was always quite a skinny lad and I never thought of him as being strong on the ball or in the challenge. He was never a whippet either, but not remarkably slow. I reckon if he'd real pace he'd have been a Championship (still) or SPL player.

Aye, but did he wear his blazer?

Scott taggart to continue to ex Dumbarton signings?

Taggart would be an excellent signing for a team in League Two. Far, far better defender than Linton and very decent going forward. I was actually hugely disappointed we let him go. He was outstanding in the first two games of the season, tailed off a bit but was still solid enough and then got a nasty injury in October. Didn't really get into the team after that.

He's a RB, and a damn good one, he can also play in CM, CB or RW but doesn't look comfortable really in any of them. I doubt you'll find many players quicker than him and his crossing at times can be sublime. To be honest I can see him ending up at another Championship club and doing very well, but if you guys could tempt him down he would be one of the best players in the league. He's from Kilsyth I think...so...you know...for those of you who like a vague link...that's fairly local to Cumbernauld.

Sums you up losing out on players to teams like Alloa eh? 😉😆

Glad you are admitting Alloa are diddies but unfortunately well off diddies at the moment after a couple of seasons in the championship. You will find your natural level again soon.