CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Apparently Generation strip should be ready for 2021 season just in time for announcement that we are staying at Broadwood.[emoji1360]

Now Now we really don't need this type of cynicism see you on Tuesday at the cup game :)

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Be careful remember what happened to the broadwood 10 ha ha

3 years later I'm still puzzled as to why they thought it was a good idea to host a friendly against a side managed by John Brown :lol:

I'm not sure why people thought it'd be less than that. The club will lose money either way.

Well at they prices they will lose even more money you really think a parent and two kids should be charged £20 to watch 2 under 20 teams

By the way motherwell are charging £5 and £2 pound

Do Motherwell need to pay for rent? Or not get money for pies etc? Not really comparable. The crowd will be as small as Broadwood has seen for a game, charging a fiver wouldn't change that. Money being split as well remember. 

Not sure where it's been said we're playing u20s?

A response on the Q&A suggests we'd require a crowd of 520 to break even (based on deductions to opposition team and the 10% we get for costs).

It would be crazy when it's going to be a low crowd either way to charge considerably lower prices.

Guest The Phoenix
35 minutes ago, David W said:

I'm not sure why people thought it'd be less than that. The club will lose money either way.

It's not always about making money. 

Sometimes if you give a little you get a little back.

We charged a fiver for our Betfred Cup match versus Elgin and got well over 500 for a midweek game that I estimate would have struggled to attract 300 if we'd charged a tenner. 

We are going with the same pricing for our tie versus the Mini Jam Tarts in the knowledge that most of Saturday's team won't be starting. Good chance for fans to see our fringe first teamers and younger players. 

Guest The Phoenix
3 minutes ago, David W said:

How much does it cost for Stirling to open their stadium for a game? 

Relevance? 

I've already pointed out it's not always about money. 

For your information, however, we have a PAYP deal with Stirling Council which is competively priced. 

Do Motherwell need to pay for rent? Or not get money for pies etc? Not really comparable. The crowd will be as small as Broadwood has seen for a game, charging a fiver wouldn't change that. Money being split as well remember. 

Not sure where it's been said we're playing u20s?

Well let's see what the team is on Tuesday and if BF is in the dugout :)

46 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Relevance? 

I've already pointed out it's not always about money. 

For your information, however, we have a PAYP deal with Stirling Council which is competively priced. 

The relevance is obvious. If Clyde needed 500 people paying a tenner to break even and Stirling need 300 then obviously it's easier for you to make a gestur and lower prices. I've no idea of course what your situation is.

We had three friendlies this season where fans were charged £5 entry. League cup games were £12. A tenner for a lesser competition, which is nonetheless still a competitive fixture, and where the gate is split fits in with that.

Do we charge a fiver, then have people asking why the next game against a Motherwell u20s or an East Kilbride is suddenly dearer? Money isn't everything but grand gestures all over the place at Clyde would be a disaster.

Why would / should we play our u20s?
This is one of only 3 national cups (it's international in fact). We are already out of one cup.
We did not play yesterday, the players are at the start of the season and no doubt still trying to get match ready.
Why take the chance of being knocked out? Against Thistle? No thanks.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Why would / should we play our u20s?
This is one of only 3 national cups (it's international in fact). We are already out of one cup.
We did not play yesterday, the players are at the start of the season and no doubt still trying to get match ready.
Why take the chance of being knocked out? Against Thistle? No thanks.

We've had 8 games in a month so far. That's more than enough to get match ready for the league season