CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Some of our under 20s are awful. Genuinely basic stuff not even done right. 

However, not bothered to be out the cup and glad we've rested apart from the two that played tonight. 

Montrose are rotten and hopefully we get off to a solid winning start against them. 

9 minutes ago, Günther said:

Yes, but 3 of those will play for the U20's this season as well as fill our bench if and when needed. 

Sorry I thought I read somewhere on the website that the 3 young boys were in the first squad on  merit, well if tonight's game is anything to go by they are nowhere near 20s level never mind first team  

Sorry I thought I read somewhere on the website that the 3 young boys were in the first squad on  merit, well if tonight's game is anything to go by they are nowhere near 20s level never mind first team  

It's a good point tbf. How was Ferguson, Barry's lad I mean?

9 hours ago, cfcuk said:

From word go the rumour has been that they ain't interested in this cup we have small squad personally no bothered in the slightest to get knocked out plus putting under 20 teams in the competition is beyond patronising

So why shouldn't we just put our under 20 team in the cup

Well, I think making a decision to try a few youngsters in a cup is fine but if the club are going to decide to treat it as a non-competitive match and not even have the manager take charge of the team, then we could have told the fans/press, etc why we were doing so.  We should also not be charging £10 in these circumstances.  

Well, I think making a decision to try a few youngsters in a cup is fine but if the club are going to decide to treat it as a non-competitive match and not even have the manager take charge of the team, then we could have told the fans/press, etc why we were doing so.  We should also not be charging £10 in these circumstances.  

No a fan of the board (as you know)

It would have to be decided by both clubs it was hardly a secret the team we were going to play ( match preview) we might cop a fine for playing a weakened team if we came out with a statement saying we are interested we are playing a weakened team we would definitely get a fine

Ps if fans want to pay a £10 to watch any Clyde team play a thistle under 20 then that's up to them nobody forced them . if you do think it's a rip off then simply vote with your feet
Personally they would have had to pay me tenner to attend that farce last night

When it first started around 1990, this cup was quite good, something new.  It's long past its sell by date. 

The crowd levels for it up until semi final stages shows the lack of interest.  They should have put it out its misery instead of trying to expand it.  To force clubs to field full strength teams when there is no real public demand for it is ridiculous.

With both competitions, it looks like the SFL testing the water with two things, summer football and Premier sides fielding youth teams at lower levels.  The attendances should give them their answer once and for all.  The League Cup format isn't a bad idea, but would need to be in August for crowds to increase, otherwise it's only serving the purpose of clubs treating the games as competitive friendlies.  That's already devalued it.