CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

11 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Further Q: What would happen regarding the Highland/Lowland league if say (pulling teams out my arse here) Wick and EK played off and Wick won, so played say Cowdenbeath in the final and won that too. With Wick promoted, Cowden couldn't be expected to take their place in the Highland League surely, so what would happen in that instance?

Cowdenbeath would join the Lowland League.

Further Q: What would happen regarding the Highland/Lowland league if say (pulling teams out my arse here) Wick and EK played off and Wick won, so played say Cowdenbeath in the final and won that too. With Wick promoted, Cowden couldn't be expected to take their place in the Highland League surely, so what would happen in that instance?

Wish this had been asked before. . .

When the Angus teams finally see sense and get themselves merged, will it be Highland or Lowland League teams that get promoted to the SPFL to fill the gaps?

Highland

North of the Tay is the cutoff point cunto

Although that's absolutely ridiculous

We're an hour away from Aberdeen ffs, hour to the Forth Road Bridge and 45 minutes longer to Glasgow. How we are classed as Highland is a mystery. Should only be Elgin and Peterhead. Elgin would be a reasonable trip for us if we were in the HL and they were too and that's 2 hour 45 minutes!!!

Not that it matters though the only way the Angus Galacticos are going is up. 2 this year, Montrose in play offs next season. Heard it here first. [emoji12]

#thriving
As unquestionably the largest club of the four, and removing your own neo-Nat pity party apologisms and 'wee team' syndrome, don't you think Arbroath ought to be a lot more ambitious and succesful than the other three? Since four leagues was introduced, you're the only ones to have had more than a season at a time upstairs, whilst Alloa and Cowden enjoyed several. 

Much as i know Clyde supporters now hate talking about the past, and appear to be brainwashed into thinking being good for eight years is something to be ashamed of, there's absolutely no reason for Arbroath not to even consider that locally, a down-on-their-luck United, or bang-average Dundee and Saints, could be within reach competitively, when you see that of the top two divisions, we ourselves have dished out a fair few tankings of most of the teams outwith the established big five/six. Indeed, Saints could be the only team in the Prem next year in a four-area zone (Angus, Tay, Central & Fife), representing sixteen teams.....a whopping 38% of senior clubs in the country. 

#thriving

The Arbroath Thread for this pish.

Highland

North of the Tay is the cutoff point cunto

Although that's absolutely ridiculous

We're an hour away from Aberdeen ffs, hour to the Forth Road Bridge and 45 minutes longer to Glasgow. How we are classed as Highland is a mystery. Should only be Elgin and Peterhead. Elgin would be a reasonable trip for us if we were in the HL and they were too and that's 2 hour 45 minutes!!!

Not that it matters though the only way the Angus Galacticos are going is up. 2 this year, Montrose in play offs next season. Heard it here first. [emoji12]

Highland league or Arbroath thread for this pish.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:43, Brian Carrigan said:

If you're north of the Tay you go to HL. If south you go to LL.

LL relegates or reprieves sufficient clubs to EOSL & SOSL to stay at a steady 16... HL elects BoD or has a huge bunfight.

Bad luck on Lowdon.He has had a setback and is out for the season now.Linton also probably played his last game for Clyde.With only an interim management team in place I wonder who will be making the decision on who goes and who should before red terms for next season.Would be interested to get some word on Eastn.

Bad luck on Lowdon.He has had a setback and is out for the season now.Linton also probably played his last game for Clyde.With only an interim management team in place I wonder who will be making the decision on who goes and who should before red terms for next season.Would be interested to get some word on Eastn.

Lowden on two year deal as is McNeil I think ?

Do they think much can be done till you see what league we are in and the budget (would imagine good bit lower)

Anyway doubt we will be wanting to retain any more than third of present squad

With only an interim management team in place I wonder who will be making the decision on who goes and who should before red terms for next season.

Maybe that's what the new chairman and Chapman were talking about on Saturday [emoji6]

Conflicting stories have surrounded next year, from 'definitely lower budget, Poundland players again', to others insisting the players won't even be THAT good, to others simply asking, 'Crisis? What crisis!!'. The fact none of these have been addressed as a matter of urgency, is yet another show of disdain for the clubs future. 

Do we know that these issues are not being addressed?

With interim managers and thirteen players out of contract, and no mention of any extensions, the answer to that is clear. 

If anything, the poor displays of this season should see a squad being assembled as we speak. Regardless of being in the relegation zone. 

Doubt many of the out of contract will be
retained.

I would like to see Linton give us another.What about the interim management team remaining as players? Easton should give us a year out of loyalty if nothing else.I suspect Gormley might be offered terms and who knows Goodwillie might not have any other options.

Disappointed that Lowden and Easton won't play again, was hoping they might just make a couple of games. 

In terms of next year, would like both of them, Linton, macdonald, McNeil and gormley(based on second half of season performances and returns), all stay. 

However, I'd hope the manager situation is resolved very early in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Disappointed that Lowden and Easton won't play again, was hoping they might just make a couple of games. 

In terms of next year, would like both of them, Linton, macdonald, McNeil and gormley(based on second half of season performances and returns), all stay. 

However, I'd hope the manager situation is resolved very early in the summer. 

I would keep Easton, Linton, Lowdon, Junior, Gormley, Flynn, Peaso, Scott Ferguson

10 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I would keep Easton, Linton, Lowdon, Junior, Gormley, Flynn, Peaso, Scott Ferguson

Agreed about Flynn and Scott ferguson, was only thinking off the top of my head. If goodwillie is available I don't see the harm in keeping him. 

Worth getting the Dundee goalie back?