CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Exactly. It's a lose/lose situation.

Fkng ridiculous that the SPFL put League 2 clubs in this position.

What all the league clubs should do is field their U20's if they aren't going to withdraw from this complete joke of a competition.

It would be refreshing if the arseholes at Hampden listened to what the fans want, not what BT,sky or fucking Alaba want for the TV.

Would love it to be changed to the astro & our U20's to play them but i imagine before draw was made you'd need to confirm where you would be playing home ties? If we're gonna lose out on money i'd rather we pumped that lot with our first team!

Joke of a competition now!

Seriously what are they going to charge to watch this ?

Won't make a difference to me as won't go within 100 miles of the game

Beyond patronising

Ps did we vote against it ? Not a chance

Genuine Q. Why not ask if we can Switch tie to firhill ????

Saves club additional costs from hiring broadwood v poor crowd to pay for it

Think the rule was all under 20's play away from home

Utter utter Pish; agree with all others play our 20's. Not that I will be bothered no way will I be going to this!

Most patronising thing is that those idiots in charge don't even understand why we are all so upset and annoyed by this. B Teams coming next mark my words!

Think the rule was all under 20's play away from home

A few have been drawn home ties. Do you mean play home ties away from their seniors home ground (The arsecheeks colts wouldnt play at Ibrox/Parkhead anyway) or get an away tie altogether?

Edited by C. Muir

In response to a query raised on the Owners's Q &A the Chairman stated that the Club would never be supportive of extending competitions to include B teams but we're not consulted by the SPFL on this initiative but only advised of the SPFL Board decision the day prior to the announcement. He also added that just to break even a crowd of 520 would be required.Not in the oleaster bit interested in this competition but by not going it only increases the financial burden on the Club and on that basis I'll be there.