CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

In saying that, I heard Gary Naysmith say the other week that he felt 10/11 days was too big a gap between fixtures and that his team would lose a bit of momentum, hence him organising the friendly with Cowden last Saturday. The only fear really is injuries which they could pick up any time; the likes of Linton, Gormley, McNeil, Lowden, McLaughlin could all play twice a week no bother.

Besides, I don't see why Gibson, Oliver, Flynn, Higgins, Watson wouldn't be playing, or why Smith/Marsh wouldn't if they were fit. That 7, with maybe a couple of the younger ones and a Gormley on the bench should be enough to get through. From what McNeil said, it's not like they're having a separate training session so I don't see why a few of them won't be involved.

Any Bully Wee fans know how much the admission prices are for the game against our under 20s on tuesday night?

Also will there be a match programme?  Remember when both teams used to play each other regularly in the first division The Clyde View was not so much a match programme but an annual - absolutely cracking read.  Do they still have the same size of match program?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Manky scum are not allowed! 

PS 

It's £10 and £5 I don't know if a programme will be made for the game though. 

Thanks for that (minus the opening line lol)  - will keep an eye out see if there are any programs on the night.

Will be tough challenge for our under 20s against a senior team favourites to win their league, but it will be a good challenge and be interesting to see how they fare.  Looking forward to it

Edited by third lanark

Don't think there will be a programme produced for this game but you can pick up a team sheet for 20p at the club office if you want some memento from your visit.

351 is our current record low attendance, vs Berwick in 2012 and Stenny in 1992. (A Challenge Cup tie vs Dumbarton in 1990 at "home" in Airdrie was given as approx 300 but couldn't find an accurate attendance).

20 hours ago, sydney said:

You've summarised perfectly why it's not a good option.

I didn't, and you've obviously not understood what I've written.  I don't remember mentioning anything about greyhounds remaining, but I do remember saying any new option worth going to would require a partner as the club alone couldn't afford it.  Owning something outright doesn't automatically mean it's worth owning.

All of that said, I think the club will remain at Broadwood so it's probably just hypothetical anyway. 

Any Bully Wee fans know how much the admission prices are for the game against our under 20s on tuesday night?

Also will there be a match programme?  Remember when both teams used to play each other regularly in the first division The Clyde View was not so much a match programme but an annual - absolutely cracking read.  Do they still have the same size of match program?

Thanks

£10 & £5

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 08:45, cfcuk said:

Can't see why fans are getting so worked up so some group went and spoke to gateway about a move back to rutherglen
What's the worse that could happen? We actually get to relocate to a purpose built stadium with whatever around it
Or the board simply ignore it and get in with whatever plan they have at present

What would be good is to hear what the boards plans are not any confidential details but what is the 5 to 10 year plan

O

Not sure if this is a poor attempt at a wind up or not!

The worse thing that could happen is that any potential move is scuppered as another group is undermining the official one. Not withstanding how amateurish it looks, it makes the club look like it's fragile and undeserving of any type of partnership.

Don't know you from Adam or whether you work or not, but would you really see no problem in someone coming  from another company and suggesting on your behalf without your permission how you should do things?

You also point out various moves to other sites as failures on the board's part, when it could be argued that the failure came form the other sides of the tables and the club refused to settle for anything other than the working model they are seeking.

Finally, this other group based on previous experience are not fans, they are power hungry whores, who like to get pictured with pink strips, yet are that stupid they cant even bring up there military coup at the right time at an egm.

Yeah - no harm at all !

Utter bollocks.  The Board has shown itself completely incapable of organising a move.  So far we have had EK Thistle, Glencairn, Shawfield, EK Clyde, Shettleston.  All fallen through, and feedback from all the counter parties (some on this very site - look at Glens) has been completely consistent. 

18 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Utter bollocks.  The Board has shown itself completely incapable of organising a move.  So far we have had EK Thistle, Glencairn, Shawfield, EK Clyde, Shettleston.  All fallen through, and feedback from all the counter parties (some on this very site - look at Glens) has been completely consistent. 

You'll need to refresh my memory as to when Shawfield was on the agenda. I don't have any inside info into negotiations with the other sites so you may well be right, nor do I have this consistent feedback you refer to - although I would suggest such feedback would not and should not be In the public domain.

Shawfield? Wasn't fit for football when we left. Don't believe it has ever been a serious option. Hearts ruling heads perhaps?

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

See alan Martin has been released by accies today
Would love to see him back but think it's outwith the budget now

Though I read somewhere he was signing for Dumbarton ?

No chance he'll drop down to League 2 I'm afraid.