Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Not a dig, just an observation, but McGhee's comment in his press conference is curious. He says that at the start of the window he'd hoped to bring in three or four players and haven't been able to get them in as yet however it looks like we'll bring in two today...however only one of those two is one of the three (or four) we'd been looking at.

I understand his point but Christ! talk about convoluted.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Joe Chalmers contract extension, IMO.  

#ITK #SuperJoe 

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Probably the happiest man with Miller's double on Saturday, as it distracted people from how utterly dreadful a footballer he is.

Speak for yourselves, lads. I vote for him as POTM just because.

One day, he'll win it. 

One day.

Apparently the Frear deal is close to being done as well, according to their manager anyway. So there's your pace and natural width to on the left. Super Joe Chalmers can go back to warming the bench and waiting for Stevie Hammell to inevitably break again. 

Looks like it's Frear and Franks then. Suppose what else we do will depend on who leaves,  you'd imagine if Brill is set leave then we'll surely see another keeper come in at a minimum.

Interesting to read in the PR there that there was interest in him last summer. I take it he's one of the guys we had lined up but didn't work out due to Johnson's transfer going through as late. That's actually quite reassuring to know that he's a guy we've been watching for a while rather than just taking a punt on.

Good to see one of a few signings join

My fear is who might leave.  I am a grown man and NEVER cry, but I would shed a tear if Moult leaves. Best out and out striker we have had in ages.  If Coliflower or whatever from Killie is worth £800k I would hold out for £10m minimum :-)

Whilst obviously not wanting to tempt fate there's been a noticeable difference this window compared with last in terms of talking up our 'sellable assets'. It seems clear that we're aiming to keep all the key players at the club for the rest of the season rather than actively trying to cash in.

Might not be worth much but McDonald was on Sportscene the other day saying he's desperate to have a better go at the cups with Motherwell next season.

4 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Only person I can perhaps see leaving is Ainsworth. He's effectively a cert to be away in the summer, and if anyone is interested I can see him going now.

Skippy and Moult will be here until the summer.

Brill's already been away on trial so I'd have thought there would be a fair to decent chance of him going. I don't see us standing in the way of either Laing or Kennedy either. Chalmers is out of contract in the summer and has spent large chunks of his time at the club so far injured, it's maybe wishful thinking but it'd probably be better for him to drop down a league and get regular games than sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

As with Ainsworth though, it's probably a case of whether or not anyone would be interested in taking them on.

There's yer Russell Griffiths signed on loan from Everton. I imagine that's Dean Brill on his way then.

Edit: that *is* Brill away: "Farewell to Dean Brill who has left the club in search of first team opportunities. Good luck Dean."

Edited by capt_oats