Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm fairly sure it will be Robinson tbh.

I think Robinson assisted by McFadden & Craigan, per the statement, gives a solid enough interim structure to allow the club to see what they want to do and interview for the position. Both Robinson & McFadden's deals are until the end of the season so it's not like there's staff tied up on long term deals there depending on what route they want to go.

A shame it hasn't worked out, however the last couple of months his position has been under threat, and after Saturday it couldn't go on.  

At the end of the day, Motherwell fans want Motherwell FC to be successful.  That's why it didn't bother me that a number of fans didn't like him, because he was doing a good job in the first season.  This season just hasn't worked, for a number of reasons.  McGhee absolutely has to take his share of the responsibility for that.  However, the players themselves deserve a fair bit of it too.  

I'm pretty sure Robinson will get the next couple of games.  If there's a reaction, he'll get it to the end of the season where we'll regroup.  

Happy enough if we give Robinson a couple of games to see how it goes but he strikes me as the type of guy who makes a better coach than an out-and-out manager and wouldn't be the best long term appointment. He didn't exactly do brilliantly at Oldham and I feel he might be a bit "Baracloughesque".

As I say though, give him a couple of games and I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

On a completely unrelated note, a Morton supporting mate was telling me earlier we've been looking at their left back Mark Russell.

Never nice seeing anybody lose their job regardless of circumstances, so will always thank McGhee and wish him all the best going forward - he'll still want to hit that 1000 game mark. As is the case with football though, once you lose the fans there's usually no way back.

A lot of fans have got their wish now so need to move forward with this one. Personal thoughts would be a young(ish) Scottish manager, that will get the younger talents playing well and hopefully unearth a few gems from the Scottish lower leagues as opposed to the English 5th tier all the time.

On a completely unrelated note, a Morton supporting mate was telling me earlier we've been looking at their left back Mark Russell.

Never nice seeing anybody lose their job regardless of circumstances, so will always thank McGhee and wish him all the best going forward - he'll still want to hit that 1000 game mark. As is the case with football though, once you lose the fans there's usually no way back.

A lot of fans have got their wish now so need to move forward with this one. Personal thoughts would be a young(ish) Scottish manager, that will get the younger talents playing well and hopefully unearth a few gems from the Scottish lower leagues as opposed to the English 5th tier all the time.

You wanting Barry Ferguson?! [emoji1]

Good riddance to that arrogant, pig headed, self important, media darling, Celtic loving w**k.

I, like many other Well fans did not want him anywhere near the job the last time we were looking for a manager after his conduct and attitude towards us in his previous spell and he did nothing during his return to change my feelings towards him. I can honestly say that I have never felt more disconnected with the club than I have since McGhee was allowed to return as the man was nothing but a permanent embarrassment to the club and he treated the job and the club with contempt.

Fair play to the board, I did not think they would have sacked him but they did so well done for doing the right thing. 

I will not miss that man being involved with my club. 

:)

That's true. No mutual swaps here though. I'm hoping for Danny Lennon tbh. People are tipping the EK manager but he's not my choice.

Lennon did get Cowdenbeath those back to back promotions years ago so got a decent pedigree for Clyde. Couldn't tell you a thing about the EK manager other than their cup run last year.

No idea who I'd want at 'We'll tbh, Peter Houston seems to have done well at Dundee United and Falkirk with young players and good football so would throw him in the ring.

Lennon did get Cowdenbeath those back to back promotions years ago so got a decent pedigree for Clyde. Couldn't tell you a thing about the EK manager other than their cup run last year.

No idea who I'd want at 'We'll tbh, Peter Houston seems to have done well at Dundee United and Falkirk with young players and good football so would throw him in the ring.

We definitely need to go for a bit of experience this time. Giving new guys a go is too much of a risk for us at the moment.

Aye he's done well. Or what about Jim Duffy? Done well with us to get to the playoffs with a poor team and now he's got Morton in the playoff places in the Championship.