Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just wondering what your thoughts on your best starting line up would be for the season ahead and the most likely formation, cheers.

You'll need to wait till a week on Sunday like everyone else Pedro.

12 minutes ago, mjw said:

You'll need to wait till a week on Sunday like everyone else Pedro.

Haha I can assure you that I'm not that clown, just trying to put something together on each side for personal use over the season.

46 minutes ago, minijc said:

Just wondering what your thoughts on your best starting line up would be for the season ahead and the most likely formation, cheers.

Probably something along these lines:

Carson
Kipré Heneghan Hammell
Tait Cadden McHugh Bigirimana Frear
Tanner Moult

Edit: the above depends on who the Sheffield United scout was watching on Saturday and whether they were suitably impressed I suppose or whether there's anything in the Moult to Derby County chat I saw mentioned the other day. 

Edited by capt_oats

I wasn't able to make it tonight. I'll struggle for any midweek games TBF, I saw Frear got a bit of stick but from the highlights I thought he looked decent. Constantly putting the ball into the box. Ultimately creating the first goal.

Alex Fisher looks like he needs one to go in off his arse to get himself goin.

Cads is some boy. Fucking great guy.

That's yer Shaq Coulthirst (oft linked with us) had his contract at Peterborough United cancelled by mutual consent but according to their statement he's joining an English League Two side. I take it from that he wasn't the mystery guy in that MFC video then?

https://www.theposh.com/news/2017/july/coulthirst-departs-posh-by-mutual-consent/

Former Tottenham Hotspur front man has left the ABAX Stadium.

Peterborough United front man Shaquile Coulthirst has left the football club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent. He is expected to join a Sky Bet League Two team in the coming days.

Coulthirst has not featured in the first team since December 2016 and spent the latter part of the season on-loan with Mansfield Town. Coulthirst scored seven goals for Posh during his spell with the club.

Edit: thanks to @Del_Superwell for pointing out he's now been confirmed as having signed for Barnet: 
https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2017/july/transfer--shaq-coulthirst-signs-for-barnet-fc/

Makes sense given he apparently kb'd us in January as he didn't want to leave London. Seemed odd that he was even being mentioned in that respect.

Edited by capt_oats

One thing I noticed last night is that we are the only premiership side so far that's won 3 games out of 3 in the group stages of betfred cup, not bad going when you consider how bad we used to be in cups.   Hopefully sign off on Saturday with a bit more of a ruthless edge in front of goal against Berwick.