Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Any recognition Carson gets out of international football is only going to add bucks on to his transfer when we sell him on. However remember his former club are to recieve 40% of the transfer. As far as his interview goes, at no point did he mention that he was disappointed not to get a move to Celtic. It was nothing more than the wage increase he would have gained he spoke about, and even then it was light hearted, i don't see any problem with that. Carson, just like every player in our squad is out there trying to sell themselves, just as much as we as a club are trying to sell them. That is the club's business plan. If Boyle & Dempster were still at the helm the likes of moult & Carson and any other half decent player at the club would have aready been away for a fraction of there true value. I see a few players moving on for good money at the end of this season, with this the club could be free of debt and robbo might have a decent budget to play with. Not a bad time to be a Well fan.

6 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Furthermore I do not in any instance frequent any Motherwell fan site

On 11/03/2018 at 19:00, happyaccie said:

A victory yesterday would have put you a solitary point behind the jambos with a game in hand so to say yesterday's match was a dead rubber is a clear indication of your hurt, it also contradicts what you say on Steelmen online.

1cAU8ou.gif

11 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Literally nobody else in that thread mentions whatever it is I had allegedly posted on Steelmen Online that contradicted something I said on here. Who were you quoting?

Can't be arsed searching.

Was disappointing to see Kipre didn't even get a place on the bench, but no doubt the experience will have furthered his development. With Campbell and Cadden playing for the U21's, Trevor getting his first start and 90 minutes in a win and Cedric being a part of the Ivory Coast squad this has to be considered as a very good international break for the club. 

I dunno why but I expect squad rotation will mean he will get an appearance. I have no idea if they are rotating their squad either. I fucking hate international friendlies.

Could Div or whoever has the power please change happyaccie's user name to the more appropriate "ragingaccie". I will pay you 20p and half a bag of Space Raiders in exchange.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Imagine being 5-1 down at home to Dundee at half time.

I was there for the 1st half. It was remarkably similar to the game at Fir Park last season, absolute shambles defensively. Suffice to say there were a couple of Motherwell careers ended in that first 45mins this afternoon.

5-3 now with 3 players hooked at HT.

Edited by capt_oats

34 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was there for the 1st half. It was remarkably similar to the game at Fir Park last season, absolute shambles defensively. Suffice to say there were a couple of Motherwell careers ended in that first 45mins this afternoon.

5-3 now with 3 players hooked at HT.

I'm assuming the Trialist will go no further. 

27 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'm assuming the Trialist will go no further. 

He went off injured but in honesty he didn't really offer much, played on the wings but you'd be struggling to say he made any sort of impression.

It's difficult to articulate just how bad we were defensively though. We were just giving Dundee tap ins from 6 yards, I think they scored their first 4 from their only 4 shots on goal and all 4 were absolute sitters. The 5th had Randy fucking Wolters running the length of the park on the counter after a Motherwell corner. 

Edited by capt_oats

57 minutes ago, Desp said:

Is it me or do the U20s appear to playing a game every two days just now?

It's not you.

Not quite a game every 2 days but they played today, Friday last week in the cup, last Tuesday against St Johnstone, the Thursday before that against United and Killie on the Monday of that week. So that's 5 games in roughly a fortnight.

Edit to drop this in....

Edited by capt_oats