Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

A long term deal for Kipré is very good business. He's still in his first professional season and apart from a couple of errors has been outstanding. The 1-1 draw with Celtic in November was absolutely heroic stuff. I expect us to get a few bids in the summer for him, so I'd imagine this is just to ensure we're getting serious dough for him. 

Also remember Allan Campbell is signed up until 2021 and that's just fucking delightful. He's more than just a wrecking ball these days, he's up supporting the strikers as well as breaking up play. One of my favourite players to watch in years. 

21 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Also remember Allan Campbell is signed up until 2021 and that's just fucking delightful. He's more than just a wrecking ball these days, he's up supporting the strikers as well as breaking up play. One of my favourite players to watch in years. 

I now have an image of Allan Campbell in yon Miley Cyrus video in my head.

Who's good with Photoshop?

Craigan saying in his post-match that we could be short on numbers for Saturday so it's looking like some of the 20s will be in the matchday squad.

Another good interview with him tbh.

Lost 2-1 to Hearts earlier. Nice finish from Jake Hastie tho.

Edited by capt_oats

The #content we are churning out this season really is outstanding.

I can’t say I really follow many of the other Premiership clubs social accounts but I’d be surprised if any are doing it as well as us at the minute (if at all). A real credit to the media guys given their presumably limited budget.

11 hours ago, dezz said:

The #content we are churning out this season really is outstanding.

I can’t say I really follow many of the other Premiership clubs social accounts but I’d be surprised if any are doing it as well as us at the minute (if at all). A real credit to the media guys given their presumably limited budget.

I think Flow's responses in the thread on his Twitter below tell you a lot about our approach to the content. Not only are they producing engaging content it also seems like the media team (and Flow) are all on the same page with regards the benefits/possibilities that social media channels bring.  The point about paywalling being limiting seems really obvious to me but I think it's interesting that the view that it's a dying model is notable especially in light of both Burrows and Russell's recent championing of the MLS output.

I think it's fair to say that our media team seem pretty switched on in so much as we seem to be paying attention to what other leagues and clubs are doing in terms of content and taking our cues from that. Rather than just viewing social media as a means to engage with the MFC support we seem to have got our head round the idea that there's a bigger audience available than simply Motherwell fans.

There was a Celtic Underground interview with Grant Russell that I found a really interesting listen. It's ridiculously long but if you can be bothered you can have a listen here. Alternatively I seem to recall the MFC Podcast guys saying they were planning on speaking to him soon for one of their episodes, so maybe wait for that. There's a lot of good stuff in the CU interview tbf.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I think Flow's responses in the thread on his Twitter below tell you a lot about our approach to the content. Not only are they producing engaging content it also seems like the media team (and Flow) are all on the same page with regards the benefits/possibilities that social media channels bring.  The point about paywalling being limiting seems really obvious to me but I think it's interesting that the view that it's a dying model is notable especially in light of both Burrows and Russell's recent championing of the MLS output.

I think it's fair to say that our media team seem pretty switched on in so much as we seem to be paying attention to what other leagues and clubs are doing in terms of content and taking our cues from that. Rather than just viewing social media as a means to engage with the MFC support we seem to have got our head round the idea that there's a bigger audience available than simply Motherwell fans.

There was a Celtic Underground interview with Grant Russell that I found a really interesting listen. It's ridiculously long but if you can be bothered you can have a listen here. Alternatively I seem to recall the MFC Podcast guys saying they were planning on speaking to him soon for one of their episodes, so maybe wait for that. There's a lot of good stuff in the CU interview tbf.

If I ever do check out other club's in-house stuff, it's either (a) totally perfunctory, (b) paywalled using the 00's- sounding <nickname of club>TV branding or (c) non existent, so i think we are in decent shape given the small budget we will be limited to.

I think the paywall stuff is a poor model unless you are offering something that's actually worth paying for and the only thing i think would meet that criteria would be live streams of games (and even then PPV would probably be a better model).

If the real benefit of social media for clubs like us is to get your brand and your message out efficiently without relying on the whims of OF clickbait obsessed old media, then it would seem crazy to limit your audience to die-hards with money to spend.

Paywall is dying because so many people now know ways around it. You can watch games/interviews for free if you know the correct streaming site/VPN to use.

I think the YouTube and Twitter approach is the right way to go especially for bringing in young fans who get a lot of their exposure to football online now. It's good too that its all quite daft and light hearted rather than the usual big business style of spamming shit month old memes.