Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

So Lucketti is part of the team as well and Las is sticking around.

"He will be joined by his long-term assistant Chris Lucketti, himself a former captain of Huddersfield Town who made over 600 career appearances, who will work alongside current assistant Keith Lasley."

I know it's standard new manager spiel but you can absolutely see why he's been appealing for us...all that's missing is an "earn the right to play football":

“People will get to understand the hard work I put in, along with my staff and players. I have always brought that to every club, as a player and a manager.

“I believe in producing young talent and I’ve always given chances. The board have made clear what they see as success for Motherwell, and I want to exceed those expectations.

“I’ve seen if you work hard enough, you can achieve whatever you want. But the work has to go in. And that not only comes from me, it comes from the whole group. My role is a manager is to get that working straight away.”

There he is...

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Any chance we can get cement mixer in chief Alex Gorrin back?

Player of that type would be perfect in midfield, although probably the position we don’t need additions regarding quantity I think we need 1 quality player in there next to Campbell which will then in turn get the best out him. 

For new we need 1 RB (if O’Donnell leaves). 1 Centre half a leader type. 1/2 wingers, 1 being a flair, the other who can chip in with goals. That would be a great start and if further is needed then so be it.

First job, get a pic of Cardoso's nose above the tunnel that all the players reach up and touch as they head onto the pitch. (Wee Al can just wave up at it).

If he is indeed a "hard to beat" style manager, let's embrace it and start planting people again.

#announcethunderdome

Edited by Al B

Happy with this appointment...well until we see the result at 16:50 on Saturday. 

I would take 10th now and look to next season to hopefully kick on. 

Hopefully the players react to a new voice and some new ideas. 

I suspect outgoings and incomings which will be as important as a New Manager to get right. At least we moved quickly. 

Mon the WELL.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Asked a boy who scouts the EFL, because I'm sad, and he says he sets teams up to keep clean sheets, will try and shitfest goals from set pieces, and prefers his CMs to be "battlers" than playmakers.

To think there were Motherwell fans on Twitter claiming theyd "rather be relegated than have TW as manager", because of his "negative" tactics...

Did they say that though? I find that difficult to believe.

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Did they say that though? I find that difficult to believe.

On the contrary, I've actually seen considerably more "Wright would have been my choice but... (insert supportive spiel about Alexander)" doing the rounds on Twitter. I haven't noticed any real negativity towards the Wright potentially getting the job.

This is certainly an appointment that turns a few heads. Let's hope these contacts down south come good for him and he can replace some of the shite cutting about our squad.

6 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

On the contrary, I've actually seen considerably more "Wright would have been my choice but... (insert supportive spiel about Alexander)" doing the rounds on Twitter. I haven't noticed any real negativity towards the Wright potentially getting the job.

This is certainly an appointment that turns a few heads. Let's hope these contacts down south come good for him and he can replace some of the shite cutting about our squad.

I think I have been the most negative about him and that's based on just me "no' liking him".

15 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

Tbf, I think if you venture out into the wilds of Motherwell social media you'll probably find some negative stuff about Wright on Steelmen or Twitter but yeah, generally folk seem to have been fairly open to the idea of him.

On Alexander specifically it's quite the revelation to be looking at Twitter mentions and there being a general consensus that he's a good manager and Motherwell have made a good appointment coming from fans of other clubs. Kind of feels like one of the best received appointments I can remember.

Edited by capt_oats

The best thing about tonight is seeing all these folk that don’t support Motherwell slating this appointment, even saw a Celtic fan say it wasn’t ambitious enough [emoji849]

Meanwhile fans of clubs he’s previously managed like Salford and Scunthorpe saying he’s an excellent manager and great appointment.

2 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

The best thing about tonight is seeing all these folk that don’t support Motherwell slating this appointment, even saw a Celtic fan say it wasn’t ambitious enough emoji849.png

Meanwhile fans of clubs he’s previously managed like Salford and Scunthorpe saying he’s an excellent manager and great appointment.

Spare a thought for Greg Browning, who's either fishing or working himself into quite the shoot because Tommy Wright didn't get the job. I'm genuinely not sure which it is.

What a state.

Edited by capt_oats

"I have friends who have been at Motherwell, I spoke to Robbo and he only had good things to say, and I spoke to a friend of mine who is the Chief Scout at Salford, and he said Motherwell would probably set fire to my house, stab my family, steal all my possessions, put things up my bum and chuck my dog in a river."

GS.thumb.jpg.9ebf3c9a2d289233f0e526a6e960e172.jpg

Edited by Al B

59 minutes ago, Al B said:

First job, get a pic of Cardoso's nose above the tunnel that all the players reach up and touch as they head onto the pitch. (Wee Al can just wave up at it).

If he is indeed a "hard to beat" style manager, let's embrace it and start planting people again.

#announcethunderdome

Announce Livi v Motherwell Thunderdome Championships IMO