Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It's interesting (ish) that he's bringing in another English lower league guy with him. Feel in these situations a manager who's new to the league tends to surround himself with a few guys that know it well. I know Alexander does consider himself Scottish so maybe he's been watching Sportscene every weekend for years and it's not really something to get worked up about either way but still, somewhat interesting.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

At least GA (if true) will have several weeks to sort out said pile of shite. 
I suspect one if not two / three of our better players may leave. Rumours abound on Gallacher, Campbell and ODonnell. The former two sold and the latter out of contract. 
That would make his job even more difficult but I suspect the club will have promised him proceeds from any sales to bolster the squad. Otherwise why would you take the job on when a side losing its best players and poorest in form table etc.
Hopefully he can also work out the dross and try and shift a few on. 

I think only one of Gallagher and Campbell will leave - probably Campbell. O'Donnell I'm really not arsed about. I've said before that the Scottish Premiership is his level and not one of his performances for us has changed my opinion on that. I see he's been linked with Stoke and his agent will have played a blinder if that's where he ends up. I'd fully expect him to be back in Scotland by this time next year.

Hopefully Alexander has plenty of contacts and we can do some decent business this month. I'd be quite happy if we cleared out 5/6 players and replaced them with 2 or 3 of genuine quality.

Some top quality research , as always, in that Record piece, with them basically quoting The Sun as their source for the story!! 

Another journalistic low even for them to run with a story and giving the credit for it to their arch-rag. 

It looks very likely now with Burns reporting it as done too, though. An interesting appointment that I think could be a really good move. If he can add wisely in this window and get the current bunch of jobbers through this season with our top flight status intact, I'll genuinely look forward to seeing what he can do with a team of his own next season. 

My pal from England says that Alexander’s teams are hard to beat, annoying to play against and his team Coventry used to regularly lose to them. He expects Alexander to sign some “absolute b*****ds”. Sounds like exactly what we need given our current situation.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's interesting (ish) that he's bringing in another English lower league guy with him. Feel in these situations a manager who's new to the league tends to surround himself with a few guys that know it well. I know Alexander does consider himself Scottish so maybe he's been watching Sportscene every weekend for years and it's not really something to get worked up about either way but still, somewhat interesting.

Lasley will still be involved in some capacity with regards to the first team but Mo Ross is gone, which was rumoured him to be a bad egg at the club.

1 minute ago, Gianfranco said:

My pal from England says that Alexander’s teams are hard to beat, annoying to play against and his team Coventry used to regularly lose to them. He expects Alexander to sign some “absolute b*****ds”. Sounds like exactly what we need given our current situation.

I love him already. Most of my favourite Motherwell teams have been the ones that are full of annoying wee dicks.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I love him already. Most of my favourite Motherwell teams have been the ones that are full of annoying wee dicks.

If I had a choice of watching sexy Motherwell or horrible-dirty-hammer-throwing-b*****d-Motherwell I would take the latter every time.

3 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

If I had a choice of watching sexy Motherwell or horrible-dirty-hammer-throwing-b*****d-Motherwell I would take the latter every time.

Depends on the results. If sexy Motherwell lose more often and hammer throwing win more often...then I am with you. 

15 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Lasley will still be involved in some capacity with regards to the first team but Mo Ross is gone, which was rumoured him to be a bad egg at the club.

Mo Ross a bad egg? Who'd have thought?

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Looks like the new boy is a shirker, not keen to take training tomorrow.

Or is the media team trying to get the perfect photo?

They can't get a good photo next to a Motherwell landmark for all the fog