Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Goes without saying really but if we manage to pull something off tomorrow it would be one of our best results in years, particularly given the way today's fixtures have panned out . 

Would prefer nobody quotes me on this when we're 3-0 down in the 24th minute.

It’s just a case of how many we lose by, I’ll be amazed if we hold out for 10 minutes even with everyone playing in defence.

12 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We're 2/7 with SkyBet to make Top Six, which is a bit shorter than I expected.

That seems really short. Isn't there like 6 points between us and Ross County in 10th?

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

That seems really short. Isn't there like 6 points between us and Ross County in 10th?

7 points.

Agree it's short but I guess the teams below us will be slitting each others throats. They can't all win all their games.

I've already mentioned our home form and if you look at our remaining home fixtures in this round (after today) it's all the teams below us.

19/02 - Aberdeen
02/03 - County
05/03 - Dundee
02/04 - St Mirren

I've no idea of the probabilities of the league at the moment but looking at previous seasons 7th place at the split has been (so above this number for 6th):

20/21 - 40 pts
19/20 - n/a - league curtailed after 30 games
18/19 - 44 pts
17/18 - 38 pts
16/17 - 35 pts
15/16 - 41 pts
14/15 - 43 pts
13/14 - 34 pts
12/13 - 42 pts
11/12 - 37 pts
10/11 - 38 pts 

That gives you an average of 39.2 as a points total to finish above (based on the last 10 seasons we've got to the split) - we're currently on 33 points.

Edited by capt_oats

Efford looked decent when he came on but drifted out due to lack of any service. Woolery just looked aimless when he came on. Tierney and Cornelius would start every week for me. Both are tenacious. Carroll I would pay off his contract today and kick him out the door. Usual Old Firm gubbing and time to forget it and look forward to the next game.

Alexander managed a point against Rangers when he was week in the door with Sherwin Seedorf and Robbie Crawford starting but he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do at home to the OF now. I can see why the diamond maybe suits our midfielders but KVV can't play as a lone striker with no wingers.