Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I can handle any number of our jobber players leaving but if he's chased Lasley out the door I will be absolutely gutted. 

With the usual caveat anything can happen in football, there's absolutely no reason to think Lasley will leave.

1) he's basically got a job for life at Motherwell, chucking that to be assistant at St Mirren is mental

2) we're obviously flexible on his working hours to let him study and swan around the place learning to be a sporting director

3) which club is most likely to make him sporting director when he's ready?

4) he lives near Paisley supposedly so why wouldn't he nip in and see former colleagues?

If he had a change of heart and suddenly wanted to be a manager and applied for QotS, Ayr, Morton etc fair enough....but I will eat my metaphorical hat if he chucks us to be assistant at a peer.

21 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

With the usual caveat anything can happen in football, there's absolutely no reason to think Lasley will leave.

1) he's basically got a job for life at Motherwell, chucking that to be assistant at St Mirren is mental

2) we're obviously flexible on his working hours to let him study and swan around the place learning to be a sporting director

3) which club is most likely to make him sporting director when he's ready?

4) he lives near Paisley supposedly so why wouldn't he nip in and see former colleagues?

If he had a change of heart and suddenly wanted to be a manager and applied for QotS, Ayr, Morton etc fair enough....but I will eat my metaphorical hat if he chucks us to be assistant at a peer.

Aye, Robinson's already brought O'Connor with him as his assistant as well.

I'd like to think that given the set up at Fir Park with Hammell, Clarkson etc and Burrows as CEO there's a mid-long term pathway for Lasley if he wants it and that would have f**k all to do with Alexander either way.

Going way back to when we announced Daws it was implied that the idea was to create culture that meant it would handle staff changes.

“Beyond this summer, it is key for Motherwell that there is a recruitment structure put in place that leaves a legacy and way of working well beyond my time at the club.

“That will also be a major part of my role, ensuring the right tools and people are in place for continuity and a way of working for the long-term.”

Link

Edited by capt_oats

Source? This would genuinely break my heart more than any player leaving.

A Motherwell poster on here that lives not far away from the training ground.

I see someone else has pointed out his son plays for them so it could just have been that.

17 minutes ago, Big John Handsome said:

Currently watching Dunfermline play Partick Thistle and I kid you not they're playing better football than us (and they're bottom of the championship). Watching other teams honestly opens my eyes to how bad under we are under Alexander.

Thanks for the heads up - thoroughly enjoying this.

10 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Dom Thomas has had a hard paper round.

Looks like every male you bump into from high school when you haven't seen them for ten years.

We must be some fucking state if we're pining for this fucking Pars team.