Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

A quick check on the forum and we've jumped ahead two pages since yesterday. Yes!! a signing or two or at least a pitch or Euro update.

Nope, feckin' crisps and cereals binge, season can't start soon enough. At least I've got king prawn pakora for dinner. 🙂

My wife's from just outside Belfast (try as I might I can't get her to move back there), and we both have a mild addiction to Tayto. There's actually 3 different variations, North, South, and the utter shite that they sell over here masquerading as "Tayto". And not only is there a Theme Park, but they are manufactured in Tayto Castle, which is actually a castle.

Similar story with Soda Bread. Glorious over there, but here it's just thick bread, and shite. And not made in a castle as far as I'm aware.

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

If we expand past the traditional crisp, these may be one of the handful of things I'll miss from the states when they throw me out. They should have them at games. ca7b2acc262ca6beab3f6f1f1f345df3.jpg

Are these like Chipsticks, with spicy stuff on 'em?    Yeah, I'd have some of that.

I was absolutely addicted to Sainsbury's Crunchy Sticks when I was a kid, but they only do salt and vinegar flavour now, which ruins them.  Because, as I'm sure we can all agree, vinegar is The Devil's Urine

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Cheese and onion is clearly the supreme flavour when it comes to a piece ‘n’ crisps.
As a stand-alone crisp though, it’s hard to beat Co-Op’s sea salt and chardonay wine vinegar ones. Enough vinegar on them to take the skin aff your gums which is what your after imo.

When I lived in Edinburgh, I lived above a wee bakery for a couple of years - a knock on the window at 4am on the way home from a night out got you a couple of rolls just out the oven and a packet of cheese and onion crisps.

Best thing ever until the indigestion kicked in. 

58 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Anyone that thinks Tayto are anything more remarkable than golden wonder is an absolute cabbage, imo.

Yep, I mean, they're OK and all, just nothing special - even in Dublin, with a Guinness chaser.

I have a soft spot for these bubbled beauties, although I've never tried them in a roll. I don't know what they put in the flavouring, but you can still smell them on your fingers several days later, no matter how often you wash your hands. I'm not sure whether that's a good sign or a bad sign.

c02326c4c58d63dc19694b0369c677a0.jpg

I haven't seen one person say they didn't get  ticket btw
I entered the ballot and just had an email to say I didn't get a ticket.

Now I'm off to Twitter to rage at Alan Burrows as if he's just broken into my house and shagged my wife.

3 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

I entered the ballot and just had an email to say I didn't get a ticket.

Now I'm off to Twitter to rage at Alan Burrows as if he's just broken into my house and shagged my wife.

Safe to say he didn't enter via the chimney.

*need to clarify the house, not the wife

Edited by Kapowzer