Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

28 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Without wanting to throw shade on what's a good return from KVV, that includes a hat-trick against a championship team and a few pens. 

There's been a fair few in all competitions.

Moult was on double figures in each of his three seasons at the club.

Both Higdon and Murphy were in 2012/13.

Nick Blackman in 2010/11.

Richie Foran in 2006/07.

Skippy in 2005/06.

Sutton must have been close too?

Coyne had 16 or something by new year 94/5, got injured till April then only added another one or two when he came back. I think he still finished league top scorer.

39 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Without wanting to throw shade on what's a good return from KVV, that includes a hat-trick against a championship team and a few pens. 

There's been a fair few in all competitions.

Moult was on double figures in each of his three seasons at the club.

Both Higdon and Murphy were in 2012/13.

Nick Blackman in 2010/11.

Richie Foran in 2006/07.

Skippy in 2005/06.

Considering that goes back 17 years then KVV, caveats or not which I'm sure the others will have too to an extent, he is in decent company. 

Edited by eliphas

22 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Sutton must have been close too?

Coyne had 16 or something by new year 94/5, got injured till April then only added another one or two when he came back. I think he still finished league top scorer.

Sutton got 9 in 2013/14 when I looked it up. A goal on New Year's Day took him to 10 so very close indeed.

Coyne was top scorer in 94/95, I'm pretty sure it made him the only player to finish Scottish top flight top goalscorer with three clubs and as far as I know, that still stands.

On 29/12/2022 at 13:19, Marinello said:

Just putting it out there, but with him barely starting for Utd I wonder if a wee enquiry about Tony Watt would be worthwhile???

No.

I'd had a few pints on Wednesday and maybe I was just reeling at how shite he was for the 2nd Rangers goal.
So I  went back rethought things.

Liam Kelly is dugshite.

4 hours ago, tonicg said:

It’s inevitable that we sign another of our ex players.

Sounds like Jamie Murphy might look for a new club in January, unless something changes.

2 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I also can't believe I made a glaring omission - Watt had 10 this time last season, before finishing the season on the grand total of......... 11

Which he got against us and then had handbags with Flao. Top bants that

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

Outside of the aforementioned TC and 'Sake-Leitch, have we had any double barreleds?

I can think of two immediately that played in the same position. ZFA and Aaron Taylor-Sinclair.

Can extend to anyone who has a first name that is also a surname. Wilson Humphries has 2 cup winning medals and scored in the Scottish, I'd say that's pretty hard to beat.

41 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Alex Rodriguez-Gorrin was a double barrel, although he doesn't seem to get the Gorrin part at any other club he's played for.

To be pedantic, Spanish surnames aren't double-barrelled as they're not hyphenated :) Rodriguez is his father's first surname and Gorrin is his mother's, but it's common just to pick one of them in everyday use (usually the father's).  Similarly, Roberto Martinez was really Roberto Martínez Montoliu.