Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, rowsdower said:

Looks like a 442 to me. Sod and Spittal in the midfield with corny and gos, Mcginn at CB, and furlong and max at fb.

Actually you could be right.

Going by the way the players are listed on the team line.

lineup.png.54dc27f5c1a0891b376e3b3f72064e54.png

Some laugh like.

Yep it's surely that. I'm actually fine with that team...haha. I'd like McKinstry in there but unless he plays off the striker that system doesn't particularly suit him.

Been calling for 3 at the back for ages. Obviously slightly sad it's Lamie, McGinn, O'Donnell mind you

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's almost certainly a 532.

It's interesting because he was clear about his plan to play with 2 strikers having been scuppered with Mandron's injury.

I'd guess

lineup.png.52d4f4ffb4f0b0595e955d3733307e19.png

f**k knows like. I assume there's a whole load of stuff going on in the background depending on who is matchfit, who has already chucked it under Hammell, who in the squad actually know each other's names etc.

On the face of it though, that amount of chopping and changing, dropping and reinstating, does usually feel like the death throes of a managerial era.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

f**k knows like. I assume there's a whole load of stuff going on in the background depending on who is matchfit, who has already chucked it under Hammell, who in the squad actually know each other's names etc.

On the face of it though, that amount of chopping and changing, dropping and reinstating, does usually feel like the death throes of a managerial era.

Ach, I'm sure we'll be "well prepared" having had a "good week in training".

Our defence has been shite, and our fullbacks have been badly exposed by our midfield at times, the 442 would be an attempt to address that. We also took the woeful Slattery and KVV out and gave Cornelius and obika starts, so whether it works or not, this seems like a fine attempt to solve all the shit we were complaining about, with the players that are available. 

We also for once this season have players on bench that can come on and change things.

Like I say, f**k knows if it will work, but our fans would have been just as fuming if we trotted out the usual suspects in the same 433 again.