Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

The fact that everything looks a bit fucking hopeless at the moment has actually fired me up for the football side of things - I'm now officially up for a grim relegation battle.

giphy.gif

I very much am too, but the 11 c***s on the park seem less interested in a scrap, which is a much bigger problem than anything discussed in the last 20 odd pages.

I don’t believe Flow of people would do this but it’s almost as if the timing of his departure has been planned for maximum damage to us. It really couldn’t be worse for us in every conceivable way. I’ve no doubt it’s not meant like this but consider this. Flow is hardly going to bin Hammell as a leaving present regardless of form and the new guy is hardly going to sack Hammell  right away when he takes over, regardless of form. By the time all the behind the scenes shambles is resolved that’s possibly another 6/7 games for Hammell, more than likely all defeats. By that point our fate will be sealed.

What a fucking shit show.

Edited by Allroy for Prez

Stevie Hammell was never getting binned, Flow was never gonna bin him as he was leaving. The other Directors don't know their arse from their elbow IMO.

If we are still shite around Ross County they may be forced to act but it is my opinion, based on nothing, that Hammell will be here until then if not longer.

3 minutes ago, Dosser1886 said:

If we "somehow" manage to win a couple of games everyone will go back to not giving a shit.

That's true but while the mood recently has been frustrated and desperate (much like end of era McCall and Robinson) there hasn't been the full blow toxicity of McGhee/Alexander running out of steam. Hammell might avoid that altogether because of who he is but the club/Burrows/McMahon coming on top of our form, if the next two-three are losses you can see it getting really ugly.

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Stevie Hammell was never getting binned, Flow was never gonna bin him as he was leaving. The other Directors don't know their arse from their elbow IMO.

The "let's all get behind Steven and the boys and roar them to a strong finish to the 22/23 season" sign off on that statement was absolutely massive #welcometoourgreatweeclub energy btw.

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

It's been nice though. That's nearly 2 days that I havent thought about Rickie Lamie 

Following his early exit at Pittodrie last week, a Ricki Lamie (knee) announcement wouldn't exactly put a downer on my mood for the journey to Kirkcaldy on Saturday.  Casey and Blaney (if fit), if not stick Butcher in there. Please and thanks. 

48 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I don’t believe Flow of people would do this but it’s almost as if the timing of his departure has been planned for maximum damage to us.

Is there ever a good time though? He wants to go.

If we get relegated and he stuck it out till the end of the season folk would be saying he’s probably known for months, has taken his eye of the ball, should’ve just gone in February to at least give us a fighting chance, jumping ship during the most important rebuild in decades etc etc etc. 

If results and performances don’t improve I highly doubt the existing board will keep Hammell on. Burrows was obviously hugely important, but they can still function without him. 

Casey hasn't played since October. They mentioned a few times that Blaney was built up to match fitness for several weeks since coming in before making his debut which makes me wonder if Casey will under the same programme...

The alternative at the moment could be all the full backs at centre half again. Some laugh. 

6 minutes ago, tonicg said:

Casey hasn't played since October. They mentioned a few times that Blaney was built up to match fitness for several weeks since coming in before making his debut which makes me wonder if Casey will under the same programme...

The alternative at the moment could be all the full backs at centre half again. Some laugh. 

Ach, centre half is a piece of piss. I used to play it on a Sunday no bother after being out til 4am on Friday and Saturday night. (The odd whitey behind the goals when the ball's up the other end aside).

Get him in.

Anyone hired a CEO recently? How easy do you think that is in general? never mind a niche role at a football club that pays CEOs about the same as an IT manager? I can see why clubs moved fast to try and get him, because he's the only fucking club CEO anyone knows.

While this situation isn't ideal, I feel like this has been blown ridiculously out of proportion. He put in his resignation, we commissioned a head hunter, in the meantime he found his next job and decided it's better to set a date and move on. Things obviously changed once other clubs became aware of his availability, and the club has zero power to keep him from leaving. 

As mentioned in the statement, the heads of dept that he manages are still there, as well as everyone that works for them, and they'll cover in the meantime. Hardly an unusual situation.

I hope to God we take the right amount of time to fill this role, but who in their right mind would want this job? Or the same role at any other Scottish club at that?

21 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Anyone hired a CEO recently? How easy do you think that is in general? never mind a niche role at a football club that pays CEOs about the same as an IT manager? I can see why clubs moved fast to try and get him, because he's the only fucking club CEO anyone knows.

While this situation isn't ideal, I feel like this has been blown ridiculously out of proportion. He put in his resignation, we commissioned a head hunter, in the meantime he found his next job and decided it's better to set a date and move on. Things obviously changed once other clubs became aware of his availability, and the club has zero power to keep him from leaving. 

As mentioned in the statement, the heads of dept that he manages are still there, as well as everyone that works for them, and they'll cover in the meantime. Hardly an unusual situation.

I hope to God we take the right amount of time to fill this role, but who in their right mind would want this job? Or the same role at any other Scottish club at that?

Based on nothing I suspect that Burrows was underpaid when compared to similar roles due to his devotion to the club and journey from forum moderator and part time photographer.  This would mean a new appointment may require a more substantial outlay in salary or the job needs to be redefined and we will see a middle manager type who is unlikely to have any profile on Twitter.

Edited by ropy

32 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Ach, centre half is a piece of piss. I used to play it on a Sunday no bother after being out til 4am on Friday and Saturday night. (The odd whitey behind the goals when the ball's up the other end aside).

Get him in.

You still got your Copa Mundials in the cupboard?