Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Season tickets announced.

Fair fucks. They're getting their money's worth out of that drone.

Ravenscraig, being hard up, pulling together, also can we have £50 more this year.

Okay!

Well sacking 2 managers, both their assistants, signing 18 players and operating with a 30 man squad all to simply achieve a bottom 6 finish(with zero cup runs or significant player sales) will lead to financial gaps needing to be plugged I suppose. 

Like I’ve said many times before, you can trace most if not all of our current problems back to the absolutely disastrous summer we had last year and we’ll be paying for it for a while yet.

Edited by Casagolda

These are the current season's prices:

Screenshot2023-04-28at15_33_32.thumb.png.c12ae55fa644f64dd60516f6e2530dd8.png

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/05/13/2022-23-season-tickets-now-on-sale/

vs next season

Screenshot2023-04-28at15_34_57.thumb.png.8c5b08de7b1c72a6b24d4c0995954ae4.png

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2023/04/28/2023-24-season-tickets-now-on-sale/

Early bird differences for an adult as follows:

POD = £20 more.
DC = £45 more
JH = £45 more

FWIW: here are the 21/22 prices - they were frozen from the 20/21 Covid and curtailed 19/20 seasons:

Screenshot2023-04-28at15_53_48.thumb.png.ba99bd7b52497eac040f5ff7880d0723.png

Edited by capt_oats

I imagine the gate prices must be going up too.

It's currently £21 to get an individual ticket for the East Stand. The non early bird ticket (£395 / 19) works out at £20.79 per game. Surely they'll be incentivising buying a season ticket for more than a whopping 21p saved per game?

That is a fair hike. £45 across the board is a jump. Not when spread over 19 games but certainly will seem like it when paying upfront. 

For me I’m buying 3 so paying £135 more at a tough time of the year gives you a bit of pause…..

Yep - this will be a test of how much the general cost of living stuff will hurt the numbers (and I think it inevitably will). Interesting to see prices between the cheap seats and the POD narrowing.

Easy for me to say as someone who doesn't buy an ST but this was an obvious increase in the circumstances and it's hard to begrudge it.

The massive 'however', however, is the reset with the fans etc which should have happened last summer really needs to happen now.

Being shite isn't as much of a long-term danger as drifting and we're approaching, if not already in, dangerous territory.

Looking at it from the POV of 5 seasons, 3 of those were frozen (albeit 1 was played behind closed doors and the subsequent 'free' season was paid for by either the insurance pay out or David Turnbull).

The price jump between 21/22 and 22/23 for an adult early bird came in at:

JH - £15 more
DC - £15 more
POD - £16 more

Given everything costs more these days then as @Handsome_Devil suggests (and full disclosure I'm also in the 'not a season ticket holder' bracket) you'd have expected that an increase would have been in the post but it definitely feels like a noticeable bump and as @Casagolda alludes to there are probably a multitude of self inflicted factors involved.

Genuinely quite curious as to how the prices stack up against our peer group now as our cheap seats always felt relatively well priced in comparison.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

As an outsider, that video is excellent. 

oh it very much is.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Ravenscraig, being hard up, pulling together, also can we have £50 more this year.

Okay!

it's a fair rise in price. I feel like everything is just gonna keep going up and up until the full nation just fails

48 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Never going to be ideal but everything is up in price everywhere. The increase brings in no more than what 180 grand. That will be gone easily on lighting, heating and stewarding increases alone I'd imagine.

See, I think given the circumstances most people would have expected a modest increase in price but as @thisGRAEME says, from a comms POV leading into a ST campaign that's sees the cheapest tickets bounce up in price by £45 (compared with £15 at the last increase) by leaning into the well worn tropes and literally saying "Motherwell is a town that has dealt with hardship..." as your opening line is quite the fucking choice.

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

See, I think given the circumstances most people would have expected a modest increase in price but as @thisGRAEME says, from a comms POV leading into a ST campaign that's sees the cheapest tickets bounce up in price by £45 (compared with £15 at the last increase) by leaning into the well worn tropes and literally saying "Motherwell is a town that has dealt with hardship..." as your opening line is quite the fucking choice.

Aye, I'm not sure how much these videos do either way to be quite honest. I quite like them etc but did think a lot of the time it was a lot of money and/or time spent on something for little to no gain or loss. Looks decent though.