Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

I heard they had 2 candidates, incl McGhee, and managed to invite them both to the same game which didn't land well with either.  

😂 

So we were trying to pull that 90s American sitcom classic of going on two dates at the same time? 

What a club. 

Haha. That's a shambles if correct.

Given our size of club I still don't think we need an actual CEO.

A general manager type role to run the place and work with the board to move strategic things forward would be my preference I think.  I guess that's on the proviso that the board can put the time to it and are maybe strengthened a bit with the likes of Derek Weir or Andrew Wilson. Maybe not them specifically but people of that ilk and experience 

Head of Comms and Lead Producer I think is way above what we need too. I'd slim that area down as well.

26 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Head of Comms and Lead Producer I think is way above what we need too. I'd slim that area down as well.

Heavy disagree with this tbh.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we need to increase the staff in the department but a Head of Comms and someone to head up the production of #content in a strategic way is pretty much essential in the landscape of Modern Fitba - especially for a club like ours.

Does that mean we need to be banging on about how we exist to improve people's lives? Probably not. However, the fact that we're a fan-owned club means that there are certain obligations IMO and effectively communicating with the stakeholders is the one of those.

If you want people to continue to buy in to the fan-ownership project and retain engagement then you need to give them something to actually buy into and identify with. You absolutely don't get that if the club comes across as a closed shop.

Aye, don't disagree with most of that - but we don't need both imo 

I know both aren't the same job as they currently stand either but for a club our size I would not be dishing out two salaries on that. I'd rearrange it and slim it down a bit given what the output was previously. 

Coming from a graphic design background they did a lot of nice stuff but after the initial slew of changes I didn't really see much new and the reach of it all im not convinced.

If we had loads of money to dish out I'd be more than happy but I just don't see the return on investment. 

Edited by eliphas

9 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Tam Cowan running with the van veen to Aberdeen whispers story. Has he not done this before fairly recently?

23/24 Top Scorers Chart (final standings)

---

25. Kevin Van Veen (Aberdeen)                4

Don't do it Kev.

27 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Tam Cowan running with the van veen to Aberdeen whispers story. Has he not done this before fairly recently?

I don't listen to the show but it seems like lazy journalism somewhere, Would Aberdeen be willing to cough up £500k plus?

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't listen to the show but it seems like lazy journalism somewhere, Would Aberdeen be willing to cough up £500k plus?

I'm pretty sure it was Tam Cowan who started the "whisper" on his show at the weekend and is just recycling it now.

I suppose you can make of that what you will.

Is Tam Cowan a reliable source or an absolute slaver? I know which side I land on.

Edited by capt_oats

Tam has always said he's more about his Off the Ball style of having a laugh, rather than the serious side to it. Tactics and i'll presume transfers. Wouldn't really fit into that. Unless of course he  has changed his style in the last few years. 
I would guess there was a "good replacement for Duk" type comment somewhere.

Edited by Busta Nut

36 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Tam has always said he's more about his Off the Ball style of having a laugh, rather than the serious side to it. Tactics and i'll presume transfers. Wouldn't really fit into that. Unless of course he  has changed his style in the last few years. 
I would guess there was a "good replacement for Duk" type comment somewhere.

I've just seen his spiel in the video on the Aberdeen thread and aye, it's hard to read too much into it beyond him saying he's "heard" that Aberdeen are interested.

He's also talking him up that he'd be a good signing for the **** anaw.

Spoiler
Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Swello said:

23/24 Top Scorers Chart (final standings)

---

25. Kevin Van Veen (Aberdeen)                4

Don't do it Kev.

4 penalties obviously

Edited by CoF

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I've just seen his spiel in the video on the Aberdeen thread and aye, it's hard to read too much into it beyond him saying he's "heard" that Aberdeen are interested.

He's also talking him up that he'd be a good signing for the **** anaw.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah nuthin in that other than "i've heard" type stuff. Where is he living just now then? In his motor?

The path to Aberdeen was a well worn one before our CEO walked too. With Robson being given the job permanently you'd think this summer he gets to recruit on his terms and Flao knows the terms of the last deal he signed. Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. My hope is he leaves Scotland just like every former player.