Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

26 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I reckon he's probably not on that big a contract so giving him a year isn't a totally mental thing. Best case scenario that weird purple patch turns out to have shown there's a player that can add something to our squad. Worst case he gets binned this time next year or someone takes us off our hands in January. I mean we done it for Sol.

Agreed, if his purple patch turns out to be more than that then ideal, decent option to have around. If not, he’s shown he’s happy to play pretty much anywhere in Europe so I’m sure we can punt him somewhere, back to the Greek lower tiers or something, in January if needed. 

2 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Also - wasn't there a news article on Matty Connolly signing on?  Did I dream that?  If so what a fucked up thing to dream.  

Can't remember seeing that but was chatting to a mate on the train this morning who knows him well and he definitely has a new deal; they are hoping to get him a Championship level loan deal after his time at Stranraer this year.  

13 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Think I said this a while ago but even when Efford looked miles out his depth he still scored a few. Wouldn't be surprised if he got about 10 over a full season.

@Busta Nut 👀

24 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: I'm absolutely gone at that. We've genuinely put out a big retained list entirely to tell us that Morris has gone.

A message comes over the PA system.

Attention workers, we have completed our evaluation of the squad.  We regret
   to announce the following lay-offs, which I will read in alphabetical order:
       'Morris, Josh.'
   That is all.

On 31/05/2023 at 12:42, Antiochas III said:

With them not updating us on the likes of SOD, Efford and McGinn signing on again, do you think they will remember the rest or we just to wait for Pre-Season training and any photos to guess who's there.  

Also - wasn't there a news article on Matty Connolly signing on?  Did I dream that?  If so what a fucked up thing to dream.  

Aye. It was in the Record.

Also, related...it's absolutely fucking wild that we've apparently managed to f**k up writing a list that we publish on an annual basis.

Screenshot2023-05-31at15_32_13.thumb.png.f920a1d65ca8187456b9c93019cf966f.png

Edited by capt_oats

Made his debut the same day as Cornelius against Livi, quite highly rated at one point was he not? had a terrible time with injuries.

What about Kian Spiers as well, how did he get on at Stenhousemuir, made his debut and was then injured for a while after that.

58 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Can't remember seeing that but was chatting to a mate on the train this morning who knows him well and he definitely has a new deal; they are hoping to get him a Championship level loan deal after his time at Stranraer this year.  

47 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. It was in the Record.

Screenshot2023-05-31at15_25_21.thumb.png.761e6e26df6e655f2e9dd1ac6f8676b2.png

Also, related...it's absolutely fucking wild that we've apparently managed to f**k up writing a list that we publish on an annual basis.

Screenshot2023-05-31at15_32_13.thumb.png.f920a1d65ca8187456b9c93019cf966f.png

Thank f**k that.  Be a bit worried if I was dreaming about our third choice keeper signing a new deal 😂

29 minutes ago, Swello said:

giphy.gif

Courier reporting that he's left us and has 4 offers on the table including from the top flight. I'd imagine Dunfermline will be one of the other offers.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Courier reporting that he's left us and has 4 offers on the table including from the top flight. I'd imagine Dunfermline will be one of the other offers.

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this - but he just doesn't feel like the type of player that we would be after at this stage of the close season, especially given the number of random attacking players that we still have in the building.

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this - but he just doesn't feel like the type of player that we would be after at this stage of the close season, especially given the number of random attacking players that we still have in the building.

Meh.

He's gone from us now so I don't mind where he ends up. I'd prefer not to be facing him if honest though so I hope it is just a case of more nonsense tbh.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've not really been paying much attention but is it not Dundee fans repeating the same rumour from earlier in the year now that he's fucked off? "I heard he'd signed a PCA with Motherwell?".

If he has 4 offers on the table then it suggests there's no PCA.

16 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm kind of in the same place. I could have seen Hammell being interested in having a chat with him given his fixation on a 4231 but given where we are at the moment it's hard to see where he'd fit with us. Livi on the other hand...

Edited by capt_oats