Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Changed days from the old Juniors when you could get a player for a set of strips and some training balls.

Got potential but I certainly wouldn't be paying any kind of serious dosh for him.

Definitely. If they want more than we are willing to pay for someone we apparently would be farming out on loan then got to take a pass on the lad.

We have signed a striker. Does that mean we are no longer interested in Steven Fletcher or never were. 6 foot 3. 

Totally out of the blue. Never heard of the guy.  But then I had never heard of KVV before he arrived 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He was the one with the KVV-esque highlights reel, aye?

Aye.

Fair play to @Casagolda with the scoop.

On 25/06/2023 at 17:36, Casagolda said:

For what it’s worth, the name I got last week was Conor Wilkinson. 

No idea if it was actually true, still ongoing or if it fell through. However after doing a bit of research, I can certainly see why his name would pop up in our search for a Van Veen replacement…

Also, I just realised that's Craig Clay in the background of the thumbnail on his YouTube reel from Orient.

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Do you need to be signed up to Twitter to read tweets these days? The link doesn't seem to work for me. 

Yes. Another one of Musk's brainwaves.

20 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Do you need to be signed up to Twitter to read tweets these days? The link doesn't seem to work for me. 

Oh yeah,forgot about that. Apparently due to Tiwtters deal with Google running out and not being renewed, they don't have the bandwidth to allow as many links/refreshes to thier site.

Here is a direct link to the motherwell site about the news: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2023/07/04/conor-wilkinson-joins-on-two-year-deal/

Ketts says we have been tracking him for a while. If so were the rumours we were in for Fletcher even true ? 

Lots of nice comments from Walsall fans on Twitter……..but apparently he had 9 months out with an ACL injury albeit he came back from that last Xmas. I would have liked to see Fletcher at Motherwell so disappointing to see that is unlikely now !