Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Encouraging and very relieving and very unsurprising to see we are actively looking at CB. Though judging by his highlights package it was initially difficult to work out whether he was a defender or a forward. 

Highlight reels can be deceptive but he looks like he could do a job for us and chip in with the odd goal from set pieces. Hopefully we can get it over the line or if not Kofi then another CB. Great name by the way.  Cannot wait till we play Annan at some point….I will get my coat 🧥 

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

I wonder if that's the Casey replacement or the Butcher replacement.

Judging by the (pleading) poverty posts I suspect it would be the Casey replacement. Kettlewell knows fine well we cannot start the league season without at least one new starter CB. Lamie is perfectly serviceable on his day and then we have Blaney and Mugabi and even McGinn as back up. Who knows Blaney may even get in ahead of Lamie but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Judging by the (pleading) poverty posts I suspect it would be the Casey replacement. Kettlewell knows fine well we cannot start the league season without at least one new starter CB. Lamie is perfectly serviceable on his day and then we have Blaney and Mugabi and even McGinn as back up. Who knows Blaney may even get in ahead of Lamie but I doubt it.

Blaney should get in ahead of Lamie. Looked the part IMO when replacing Casey at the end of the season. I think beside Butcher and McGinn that could be decent enough. 

However I note in a couple of Kettlewells interviews he has referred to McGinn as a full back. Maybe keen to move him out there again. 

Also I believe the trialist we had playing is 33 year old left back Pape Soare. Ex Palace and most recently of Morecambe. Played 30 games ish in 5 years…. 

Fully onboard the Souare hype train. 

I did think to myself he's ancient but then seen his date of birth on his highlights video and realised he's younger than me. Think my days of pulling on the claret and amber are gone.

Edited by DeadStar

Saw this picture on the United website and was hardly surprised. I accept the guy has had a hard time and hope he is over the worst but it highlights the precise reasons we need at least one if not two left backs as soon as possible. 

DB043914-8E5E-4B1D-9D38-87E20D5A7A85.jpeg

Edited by welldaft

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Saw this picture on the United website and was hardly surprised. I accept the guy has had a hard time and hope he is over the worst but it highlights the precise reasons we need at least one if not two left backs as soon as possible. 

You've taken a photo completely out of context specifically to take a dig at the boy?

Fucking sound.

33 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Less than 40 senior league appearances in 7 seasons. 

Hopefully we can get Furlong back is my initial impression/ hope…….

If only we'd recently signed a couple of injury prone players to give us an idea of how this gamble would likely turn out.

39 minutes ago, welldaft said:

That's a frame from his overhead kick that hit their bar. 

37 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

You've taken a photo completely out of context specifically to take a dig at the boy?

Fucking sound.

How do you know it is out of context ? 

I did not rate McGinley before he had his issues and I do not rate him now. I caveated my post with the fact I hope he is over his issues. 
But I don’t think he is good enough for Motherwell.

I am sorry if that upsets you as it clearly does. Actually I am not 🤷‍♂️