Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Miller is great. 

O'Donnell was good when he came on and most of our attacking play came down the right through him in the second half. 

Davor looked decent enough when he came on, I suppose good to get him minutes as soon as we could. 

Wilkinson took his goal well and linked the play well at times, hopefully will be up to speed soon. Not convinced he was actually offside as many times as he was flagged, assistant was brutal on the East Stand side. 

Hopefully we'll add another couple of strikers this week. 

Group won and seeded, job done. 

24 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Miller is great. 

O'Donnell was good when he came on and most of our attacking play came down the right through him in the second half. 

Davor looked decent enough when he came on, I suppose good to get him minutes as soon as we could. 

Wilkinson took his goal well and linked the play well at times, hopefully will be up to speed soon. Not convinced he was actually offside as many times as he was flagged, assistant was brutal on the East Stand side. 

Agree with all of that vs some of the more negative takes. 

Didn't have much to do vs L2 opposition but the 3 centre backs were also extremely comfortable. 

Yhe injury looks very serious from the east stand and I the pictures. Thankfully Kettlewell stated it was just a cut on the eyebrow so it's not a direct eye injury.

NSFW image of the injury in the spoiler below 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230729_181157_WhatsApp.jpg.9cd73af26dd494be5cdce65f148574e6.jpg

Aye when he rolled over the audible ‘ooooooooh’ from the end of the east / cooper would have told anyone out of sight it looked a bad one. 

Big shout out to the man in the east who shouted to Slattery to f**k off when he lost possession just before he won it back and slotted home to then turn round to celebrate right infront of him, hope he’s enjoying his night. 

47 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Miller is great. 

This is exactly how I saw it. Wilkinson much better than last week. Had the ball in the net again but offside.

Paton was decent as well I thought.

Ended the game with no senior forwards kind of spells out where our issues are. 

I quite enjoyed it overall. 

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Yhe injury looks very serious from the east stand and I the pictures. Thankfully Kettlewell stated it was just a cut on the eyebrow so it's not a direct eye injury.

NSFW image of the injury in the spoiler below 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20230729_181157_WhatsApp.jpg.9cd73af26dd494be5cdce65f148574e6.jpg

Carl McHugh approves. 

Today was the first time I've seen us this season - and given how often we make heavy weather of games against lower division teams, I thought we were pretty much fine for this stage of things. Defence and Midfield were very comfortable against 11 and I thought our passing and movement was perfectly decent.

We are clearly and painfully light up front but obviously that is going to change, presumably this week, so can't get too worried at this point.

We've won our group and qualified seeded unlike any other Premiership side, so I'm pretty content tonight TBH.

18 minutes ago, ropy said:

What did Page actually do? 

From my East Stand view - it looked like he kicked Spittal pretty blatantly when they were both on the ground - doubt we'll see a replay though, so who knows.

1 minute ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Fair play to big Mandron, at this point in time he’s probably looking a better option than Obika on account he can actually stay fit.

Everyone has a right to an opinion of course, but digging out Obika multiple times over the last few weeks for his injury record, while advocating that we should have signed Moult again(!), is a weird take. 

10 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

Everyone has a right to an opinion of course, but digging out Obika multiple times over the last few weeks for his injury record, while advocating that we should have signed Moult again(!), is a weird take. 

Ha! That’s fair enough.  My issue is more Moult was passed up on (allegedly) due to his injury record which I kinda get, but we’ve signed Wilkinson, Obika, Saore and Effford had his contract extended who all have an injury littered recent history and low and behold 2 of them are now injured. 

Edited by Allroy for Prez