Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Best of luck to him.

Absolutely zero idea how he got another top flight club, never mind a 2yr deal, as hes genuinely one of the worst players ive ever seen play for us. Considering the money spent on him hes arguably the worst.

Id seriously question how its come about you targeting him. Even small clips of him over the past few years wont have disguised his lack of ability. 

Again...

arrestd_development_meme.png.3e768fa930fc06b267e206a634c5ae2d.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

Going to the effort to cajole Connor Shields off the books, and moving on other fringe players, to then sign someone St. J did the exact same to on a 2 year deal is weird.

I didn't think teaching 6'4" athletes football is as easy as some managers think.

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Expectations are very low on this, but Davidson clearly had no idea what strikers were, how to use them, or get the best (or much at all) out of them. 

So there is that.

The issues with him cant be blamed on tactics.

Jumps under the ball constantly, doesnt have a clue where hes meant to be (most of his time on the park was spent standing staring at the ball), gets pushed off the ball by people half his size. Cant control the ball, cant run with the ball, struggled to pass the ball. Couldnt strike the ball cleanly, couldnt head the ball cleanly, couldnt tackle well. No aggression.

He'll become a cult hero but only because of how bad he is.

It's hard to remain positive when fans from the club he left say he was one of the worst players they have seen when they have Chris Kane on their books. Saying that Callum Davidson looked a bit inept in getting the best out of his attacking options last season. 

His description sounds like he is pretty much like Mandron, probably add the chaos factor as his limbs and brain don't sync going for the ball. Hopefully it works out for us as I have been impressed by the amount of deadwood Kettlewell has managed to shift.

It'll be interesting so see if the young guy from Arsenal arrives as that will gives us the five options up top assuming Efford's going to remain.

Just now, Cloontang said:

It's hard to remain positive when fans from the club he left say he was one of the worst players they have seen when they have Chris Kane on their books.

Chris Kane has been crocked for about 2 years, and is still injured, yet contributed more in a 20 minute cameo last season than Bair managed in 18 months.

Kane got a 6 month deal despite being a complete crock while Bair got the last year of his contract paid off.

Its completely blown my mind that youve signed him.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jumps under the ball constantly, doesnt have a clue where hes meant to be (most of his time on the park was spent standing staring at the ball), gets pushed off the ball by people half his size. Cant control the ball, cant run with the ball, struggled to pass the ball. Couldnt strike the ball cleanly, couldnt head the ball cleanly, couldnt tackle well. No aggression.

Listen Random, just leave me in my delusion you dick.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

Listen Random, just leave me in my delusion you dick.

As i say, its completely blown my mind youve signed him. His size isnt even that disruptive because he generally keeps himself away from a physical battle the first time, then gets a hounding for it so barges in the second time and gives away a foul.

I’ve never seen this guy play but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more damning set of comments for the fans of the club he’s came from. Do we actually watch players play before we sign them? Or just look at the stats? As either way this guy shouldn’t even be given a seconds consideration. On a 2 year deal too! 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reading between the lines, there's a player in there somewhere?

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

I’ve never seen this guy play but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more damning set of comments for the fans of the club he’s came from. Do we actually watch players play before we sign them? Or just look at the stats? As either way this guy shouldn’t even be given a seconds consideration. On a 2 year deal too! 🤦‍♂️

That's simply not true. Aldred was allegedly the worst centre half in history and Bury died, so who had the last laugh, really?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you have a graph for him? (genuine question) 

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

A championship level striker, should do well next season.

St Johnstone 0 Stirling Albion 4

Even with the bold Theo on board I would be worrying more about the championship next season if I were you 😉