Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I'd recommend a visit to Specsavers.

Next you'll be correcting me that John Sutton has actually seen a ball.

I'm sure you're aware it was a flippant comment about Mandron being shit for one club and seemingly not shit for the next one, and how that might (hopefully) relate to Theo Bair.

Edited by Al B

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The issues with him cant be blamed on tactics.

Jumps under the ball constantly, doesnt have a clue where hes meant to be (most of his time on the park was spent standing staring at the ball), gets pushed off the ball by people half his size. Cant control the ball, cant run with the ball, struggled to pass the ball. Couldnt strike the ball cleanly, couldnt head the ball cleanly, couldnt tackle well. No aggression.

He'll become a cult hero but only because of how bad he is.

Stevie May at the Dons?

Spittal aside, I have an overwhelming fear that goals will be a rarity this season. 

SK has done a fantastic job end of season and has now moved on players deemed not good enough. 

However, we look light weight up front, in the week of starting the new season. 

Can see 0-0's  being our saviour this season, unless SK has a find up his sleeve. 

Let's see how things develop, but our match against newly promoted Dundee, may provide more clues to our for coming season. 

P. S. LM looks a player

48 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Stevie May at the Dons?

Stevie Mays better in literally every way, its not even a contest. 

20 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Have we ever signed a striker with a worse record?

Surely given his record you offer this guy 6 months to prove himself at best?

We signed a striker that couldn't get a contract for a team with only 13 players, 2 at least were keepers, that was too fat and unfit for another SPL team to consider signing...

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m sure he scored a screamer at RP last season.

His only competitive goal in 18 months 

But he did score in just about every closed door or bounce games earning the nickname "The friendly Bair"

It must just be a confidence thing, no doubt he will score against us, but then just now everyone will.

I'm guessing (hoping) that this is a fairly low cost punt at moulding the guy into at least a serviceable option off the bench. We have precious little money to squander, and I'd think the boy himself will see this as a last chance at cracking it over here before heading off home, so probably happy with a fairly modest pay to have the opportunity.

He's evidently got a long way to go according to St J fans and some fairly damning stats, but Kettlewell must have seen something to have taken him on?. Surely? Fcuk knows what it is, but there must be something?