Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Efford will do well at St Jonshtone and score against us.

Lamie will make Dundee Utd the new St Mirren.

Maguire to Partick.

We will sign a player that splits opinion.

Is that not EVERYONE we sign 😆

Seen an article on Twitter saying we are interested in Australian right back Tommy Aquilina. Kenny Miller bumming him up to hell in the article.

22 year old from Newcastle Jets. Explosive pace and can play right or left wing back.

48 minutes ago, eliphas said:

From what I hear - looking for another striker to replace Obika now but Efford away to another SPFL club. Keen to get him off the wage bill, pretty highly paid, Lamie and Maguire also likely to depart if things move through as they hope.

Hopefully McGinley too.

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Seen an article on Twitter saying we are interested in Australian right back Tommy Aquilina. Kenny Miller bumming him up to hell in the article.

22 year old from Newcastle Jets. Explosive pace and can play right or left wing back.

Perfect. We just need pace, everything else irrelevant. Sign him up... Whoever is burrows now.

Hello,

I was just wondering how many tickets you have sold for Saturday?

Also, do you have many injuries? Is the new boy, Biereth, likely to start? I'm presuming he didn't last time because of either a perceived lack of fitness or because he was just an unknown quantity. You've started the season well, and we're without O'Hara, so it should make for a close game.

I'm sure most of you will have visited before, but if not I'd suggest getting to the ground fairly early if you want to find a car parking space close by (e.g. Clark & Murray Street). If you're coming by train, you can get one that arrives at Paisley St. James at 14:53 and will get you into the ground with a few minutes to spare (subject to queues).

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

Maguire to Partick.

If it's another Premiership team Efford ends up at there's nothing surer than him scoring against us. 'Tis always the way.

Would be funnier if the other way round and Lamie made St Mirren the new Dundee Utd.

Maguire to Partick sounds about right.

Right wing back is more important to fill than another striker.

I think we are fine with Biereth and Wilkinson starting, and Bair and Efford backing them up. If Obika and Bair were 3rd/4th choice then they can only offer the exact same thing and I don't think they would be much of a partnership. Big and slow is not a winning formula in this league. Most goals come when teams are able to operate at pace.

If we let Efford go then we need to get a fee for him. Otherwise what is the point. We probably can't sign a better player.

Obika is Conor Sammon mk II

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Maguire to Partick.

I noticed it was Blaney who was ready to come on when Casey was down getting treatment on Sunday so I dunno, it probably suggests that Lamie's fairly well down the pecking order ATM.

United actually seems like an ideal landing place for him given the Pals of Declan/Tony recruitment policy we seemed to have in place when Robinson signed him.

Maguire to a Partick/Dunfermline is exactly the move tbh.

4 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

To me Efford seems like a very SPFL Championship side Dundee United signing, especially if he's on a decent wedge. 

I always thought Lamie would end up back at Morton. 

Good call on lamie to Morton, could see that.