Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I expected Mugabi to completely dominate Mandron ( as no doubt did SK) but it was the complete opposite. Can’t bring myself to watch the highlights but I recall him making a complete schoolboy mess of a bread and butter ball on the halfway line in the second half which almost lead to a goal. 

Aye that one was excruciating to watch. The moment you saw him jostle to get in front of the forward instead of staying goalside to get his jump in you could see he had completely misjudged the flight of the ball. As you say, schoolboy stuff. If you're unsure stay goalside and give yourself a chance of at least putting your man off or at the 2nd ball. Totally sold himself, as he all too often does, and could so easily have led to a second. 

He's not a young lad that this stuff can be coached out of any longer. Four separate managers have been unable to improve his concentration and lapses. He's the kind of character you'd like to see do well but sadly he just doesn't have another step up in him. We need better.

1 hour ago, Stevie Kirk said:

It’s a small sample size but based on Lamies calamitous performance at QOS he isn’t the answer either. Both Mugabi and Lamie are nearly great defenders but their repeated momentary brain farts invariably lead to goals.

I expected Mugabi to completely dominate Mandron ( as no doubt did SK) but it was the complete opposite. Can’t bring myself to watch the highlights but I recall him making a complete schoolboy mess of a bread and butter ball on the halfway line in the second half which almost lead to a goal. 

There must be other guys out there we could bring in - What’s big Shaun Hutchison up to these days?

:lol:

We're not bringing in Shaun Hutchison for whatever we're paying Bevis. In terms of what he's doing? He's currently captaining Millwall in the EFL Championship.

Without wanting to white knight Bevis the point is surely that he's currently in the team until Butcher is back fit. He is, to all intents and purposes, a back-up.

With that in mind, it's unlikely that we're going to be signing some flawless CB to come in on whatever wage we allocate to that particular squad role. In fact, there's precisely zero guarantee that anyone we'd sign for that specific profile would be better.

Edited by capt_oats

Fair enough -  Shaun is not going to come to us then! 

The point I was trying to make was that I would quite happily get both Bevis and Lamie out the door and bring in one competent centre back . Back of a fag packet but if both were on £1500 per week we could perhaps get someone decent in for £3k per week.

Of course I know it’s not FM and real life is not as simple as that but if Butcher isn’t back till say November then  I can’t see us keeping many clean sheets between now and then so we are going to have to outscore everyone we play . SK then ends up under pressure , fans call for a change etc and we repeat the cycle. I just think it is critical that this gets fixed before the window shuts.

I think that Bevis and Lamie both appear to be decent lads and I really really want them to do well and cut out the mistakes. All the evidence suggests that ain’t going to happen.

Edited by Stevie Kirk

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

.. maim our best striker.

What is his prognosis at this point? I presume he is still in the ICU, and is likely looking at spending the rest of his life in a wheelchair. I mean it's the only outcome going on how some on here have described it.

St Mirren fans eh. They are a wee bit better than us just now and they still can't get us out their heads.

Anyway.

Next game CBs have to be
McGinn, Casey, Blaney.
Surely. Get the young LB involved if Pape isnae involved.

Edited by Busta Nut

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

St Mirren fans eh. They are a wee bit better than us just now and they still can't get us out their heads.

Anyway.

Next game CBs have to be
McGinn, Casey, Blaney.
Surely. Get the young LB involved is Pape isnae involved.

They really seem to be an insufferable bunch considering they actually won the match. Many peddling the line that we were giving it big licks pre match about what we were going to do to them which is a completely false narrative aimed at justifying acting the c@nt. 

And before they start using this post as cat nip yes “ yous “ won yes “ yous”  are best and we tug our forelock at your Barcelona 09 skills.

Onto more important stuff yes we lose so much with McGinn out on the left . He is very good at bringing the ball out and we need him at RCB . Wilson on left or a new signing please. No more experiments. 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Noticed the club tweeted and deleted a video of Dunne going over to some kids in the away end. Obviously a very nice gesture and there's enough evidence to say that he seems a decent guy off the pitch but probably sensible given he went on to maim our best striker.

https://x.com/saintmirrenfc/status/1693548559558402343?s=46&t=sZVraqVj0_Y0ETD8LZQkog

He’s a good lad, could he play in the centre of a three? 

Edited by ropy