Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’d say replacing Mugabi is maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf. I don’t trust him and still don’t understand why he’s starting ahead of Blaney. Prove me wrong Bevis. 

Ideally Efford and McGinley leave. I’m not sure who would be willing to take the later given his lack of minutes over the last few years. It would be a gamble to take him imo. 

Because Casey isn't a centre of a 3 CB...  and Blaney certainly isn't.  No way can anyone have watched us this season and cmne away with Mugabi is an issue without having issue with all our CBs not named McGinn (and even then)

Edited by Antiochas III

Just now, Gianfranco said:

I’d say replacing Mugabi is maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf. I don’t trust him and still don’t understand why he’s starting ahead of Blaney. Prove me wrong Bevis. 

Ideally Efford and McGinley leave. I’m not sure who would be willing to take the later given his lack of minutes over the last few years. It would be a gamble to take him imo. 

@Antiochas III has pretty much summed it up in the post above. Until Butcher is back Mugabi gets the nod in that position and with less than a week of the window to go I don't see that being on our to-do-list of things to address.

I'd have thought a Maguire-style loan to a National League side might be our best bet for McGinley.

Tbh, I had made my peace with him just sticking around as extreme defensive cover but I think the injuries to the 3 forwards changes the landscape in that respect if we're being true to our word with this "one in, one out" patter.

54 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Was working yesterday so missed the game, but clocked Casey giving it some to their boy in the highlights. What was the score there, an ongoing thing throughout the game?

Absolutely love Dan's attitude, right in about it with no fucks given. 

Not that I can really recall, can only assume words had been had before that point. 

Was quite niggly game I suppose though,  over 30 fouls and 9 bookings. Including quite a few cynical ones from us to stop counter attacks etc. 

Also fair play to Slattery for managing to go 8 games before getting his first booking this season, speaks volumes about his new found fitness and work ethic. 

Edited by Casagolda

2 hours ago, Al B said:

We'd be able to appreciate stuff like that a lot more if we binned this obsession with filming everything at 874 x zoom. There's a reason no c**t sits in the front row at the cinema unless they have to.

General rule - if you film a player making a pass, and you can't see the other player receiving it without moving the camera, you're zoomed in too far.

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Not that I can really recall, can only assume words had been had before that point. 

Was quite niggly game I suppose though,  over 30 fouls and 9 bookings. Including quite a few cynical ones from us to stop counter attacks etc. 

Also fair play to Slattery for managing to go 8 games before getting his first booking this season, speaks volumes about his new found fitness and work ethic. 

I wasn't particularly aware of any ongoing feud between Casey and Armstrong but he was certainly wound up.

There was talk in the summer of 30 seconds being added on for each booking. Is that a thing now? Would certainly explain where the seven minutes came from. 

2 hours ago, Al B said:

We'd be able to appreciate stuff like that a lot more if we binned this obsession with filming everything at 874 x zoom. There's a reason no c**t sits in the front row at the cinema unless they have to.

General rule - if you film a player making a pass, and you can't see the other player receiving it without moving the camera, you're zoomed in too far.

I once went to the pictures with a girl who had forgotten her glasses so we sat in the front row. Bizarre experience although maybe I looked devastatingly handsome to her without her specs on 😁

18 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Don't disagree with this at all. To look at what we were and fix it at half time with basically one option off the bench, who was just about fit again, was quite remarkable.

Also, that chasni pie is fucking sensational.

His record so far is just phenomenal not only influencing in game but also making also transforming a team totally devoid of confidence and then rebuilding on a shoestring budget.

Glad you liked the pie. The mixed kebab is just as good and I've suggested adding some small cubed of paneer to it....

There were a couple of times last season where casey made runs past the forwards in open play, one nearly resulting in a goal from a cross. I'm all for attacking center backs, and I'm 100% sure it won't cost us a goal this season.

Also, Mugabi may not have been in their half during our goal, but he did have a "f**k it, why not?" moment earlier in the game where he decided to foray forward, getting to about 40 yards out before forgetting what he was supposed to do, so just passed to nobody.

Teams are happy to leave bevis on the ball, amdnits a good tactic, but if he googles "what do I do next after striding forward majestically?" everyone is fucked.

13 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

There were a couple of times last season where casey made runs past the forwards in open play, one nearly resulting in a goal from a cross. I'm all for attacking center backs, and I'm 100% sure it won't cost us a goal this season.

Also, Mugabi may not have been in their half during our goal, but he did have a "f**k it, why not?" moment earlier in the game where he decided to foray forward, getting to about 40 yards out before forgetting what he was supposed to do, so just passed to nobody.

Teams are happy to leave bevis on the ball, amdnits a good tactic, but if he googles "what do I do next after striding forward majestically?" everyone is fucked.

If he could put his foot through it from 40 yards what a goal that would be, but he can’t.

3 hours ago, Casagolda said:

I probably didn’t quite appreciate at the time just how tremendous a team goal it actually was.

Spittal’s back heel, the flick by Spencer at the back post, the touch and finish from Casey. I think every player bar McGinn(and Kelly) touches the ball at some point. Genuinely brilliant stuff from one end to the other. 

Also absolutely here for Casey going mental and then giving the Killie boy some verbals on the way back to the half way line. 

Great stuff all round. 

Can anyone make a gif of that last 6 seconds? XD

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Armstrongs niggly as f**k and generally has a running feud with someone every game.

Watch him next time and youll see it.

He's been an East Stand "favourite" for a while - he quite enjoys getting verbals and giving plenty back (which I like honestly) - he was over starting it before kickoff yesterday :)