Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Today's game? It was fine but we lacked something up top. St Mirren took their (only?) chance.
Bair should be putting his head down and smashing his chance, Spittal had 3 or for attempts at goal. Everyone of them a pass back. Shaw had a similar pass to the goalie at one point too.

I'll have to look back at the goal and see what went on but a lot of folk blame SOD round about me. I didn't think it was his issue as he seemed to be dragged inside but as I said. I'll review later. He's not exactly a strong point though.

You obviously didn't watch the game then if you only saw one chance for us other than the goal I can think of at least 2 more one a good stop from mandron at the post just after we scored and the one at the end when it looked easier to score and our man put it over with no one to beat.

Through the midfield I thought we were excellent today. Miller, Paton, Spittal and Slattery all know how to pass it about and O’Donnell and Spencer did their part out wide. We badly lacked that focal point and quality at the very top though. Kinda to be expected given the limited options.

I thought Shaw added a bit of cutting edge when he came on, hopefully Kettlewell is just building the minutes up as I really felt he shouldve been on much earlier. 

Comedy stuff guys

You may may well have a decent season but face it, we’ve beaten you home and away

Its up to us to split the OF. And let’s face it, you guys have always been Rangers fans without the bus fare.

We’re actually next door to Ibrox yet we hate them - nobody disputes we hate them - but you guys are total apologists

I was once in the Motherwell end at Ibrox and the sectarian abuse you guys gave to one of your own players - won’t name him at this point - it was something I’d never experienced until this then and and never have since

Let me hear a well fan try to justify that 

12 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Comedy stuff guys

You may may well have a decent season but face it, we’ve beaten you home and away

Its up to us to split the OF. And let’s face it, you guys have always been Rangers fans without the bus fare.

We’re actually next door to Ibrox yet we hate them - nobody disputes we hate them - but you guys are total apologists

I was once in the Motherwell end at Ibrox and the sectarian abuse you guys gave to one of your own players - won’t name him at this point - it was something I’d never experienced until this then and and never have since

Let me hear a well fan try to justify that 

I for one can’t justify you being in the Motherwell end.

I know a few St. Mirren fans personally, mainly through work.

Each and every one of them are, to a man, absolutely sound individuals, good company on a night out and generally of sane mind.

The ones I've encountered on here however, totally shatter that illusion, given that they mainly appear to be mostly bellend c***s. 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I know a few St. Mirren fans personally, mainly through work.

Each and every one of them are, to a man, absolutely sound individuals, good company on a night out and generally of sane mind.

The ones I've encountered on here however, totally shatter that illusion, given that they mainly appear to be mostly bellend c***s. 🤷‍♂️

This is a typical year jerked post from a well fan having difficultly with the natural order being restored 

6 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

This is a typical year jerked post from a well fan having difficultly with the natural order being restored 

Are you not about 60 years old?

I’m going nowhere near the match thread. Those morons must be on overdrive today! Got so many of them blocked now it must account for half their away support! 

Whilst some of his link up play and touches aren’t terrible, I’m fairly confident Theo Bair will never score another goal for us. 

Was a bit conflicted with the booing of Dunne initially, but his tackle on Biereth has had a major impact on our season and by the time he’d chucked himself to the ground at the end I was booing him myself! 

Edited by Allroy for Prez

53 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’m going nowhere near the match thread. Those morons must be on overdrive today! Got so many of them blocked now it must account for half their away support! 

Whilst some of his link up play and touches aren’t terrible, I’m fairly confident Theo Bair will never score another goal for us. 

Was a bit conflicted with the booing of Dunne initially, but his tackle on Biereth has had a major impact on our season and by the time he’d chucked himself to the ground at the end I was booing him myself! 

Blocking 8500 of them is some going tbf. 

That was very very annoying, all in all. 

I'd have bet on any of our three injured centre forwards to finish that Bair chance, and still no real idea why Slattery went to square that ball either.

That said, it's mad seeing some of our play, when most of the players out there are the same laddies that looked like they'd been picked up in a car park en route to the game last year. 

It'd be nice if we could actually make a goalkeeper move, though. Continually leathering shots down Hemmings throat was... annoying.

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I have popped by the match thread mainly to wind them up and promptly disappear again. Sad I know but cheers me up a little after the result yesterday. It says it all that it is almost always only when we play St Mirren. They always react to beating us like we would the Old Firm. Understandable I guess.

I don’t think even Kettlewell thought Bair would be more than solid back up to throw on late in the game if we were chasing a goal or as a disruptive influence. But relying on him to be our main goal threat was never likely to end well. I kept thinking what the result would be if we had KVV, Moult or more pertinently Biereth and Wilkinson available. Maybe the same but I believe we would have taken at least one of our chances and come away with a draw at worst. 

Cannot fault the players for effort and all round play. We were decent all round the pitch and I thought SODs was excellent in the 1st half especially. 

Would like to see the goal again. It was a good cross and hit from Tanner but I could not see St Mirren not being able to defend that situation better. Especially as we had many multiples more crosses into the box from corners and free kicks and yielded very little. If only we had a striker that was adept at attacking crosses. 

I expect very little from the next two games. If we can garner 6 or more points from the remaining 4 games then that would be a decent return for the 1st round of matches. 

10 hours ago, elvis said:

You obviously didn't watch the game then if you only saw one chance for us other than the goal I can think of at least 2 more one a good stop from mandron at the post just after we scored and the one at the end when it looked easier to score and our man put it over with no one to beat.

The Olusanya chance? Given it was a brilliant block by the Motherwell defender to send it out for a corner, I'm not sure that's quite true.

12 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Not really the point I'm making tbf, Fitba is dear as f**k and it's not something that should be dear as f**k because we charge our own fans the same.

Aye, as I said I dont disagree with the general point that football is too expensive. My point was that Motherwell arent ripping the hole out of away fans by charging them way more than us.

I put the biggest blame on the ugly sisters charging £32 to sit in shite seats. That sets the bar for the rest of the league.

I still think clubs could be way more creative though with family packages and season ticket holder discounts for away fans. 

It would soften the blow and encourage more numbers to attend.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you not about 60 years old?

His wife has defo left him.

I've made a few posts in the match thread and there are a load of decent replies and comments on the game. Don't let the usual suspects noise ye up lads.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I have popped by the match thread mainly to wind them up and promptly disappear again. Sad I know but cheers me up a little after the result yesterday. It says it all that it is almost always only when we play St Mirren. They always react to beating us like we would the Old Firm. Understandable I guess.

I don’t think even Kettlewell thought Bair would be more than solid back up to throw on late in the game if we were chasing a goal or as a disruptive influence. But relying on him to be our main goal threat was never likely to end well. I kept thinking what the result would be if we had KVV, Moult or more pertinently Biereth and Wilkinson available. Maybe the same but I believe we would have taken at least one of our chances and come away with a draw at worst. 

Cannot fault the players for effort and all round play. We were decent all round the pitch and I thought SODs was excellent in the 1st half especially. 

Would like to see the goal again. It was a good cross and hit from Tanner but I could not see St Mirren not being able to defend that situation better. Especially as we had many multiples more crosses into the box from corners and free kicks and yielded very little. If only we had a striker that was adept at attacking crosses. 

I expect very little from the next two games. If we can garner 6 or more points from the remaining 4 games then that would be a decent return for the 1st round of matches. 

Same mate.

Their van was safe, just said that to rile them up 😆 

Mad how easy it is tbh 

"will someone please think of the van!"