Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I recognise a couple of names but don’t know any of the candidates, a mixture of good guys and folk with specific relevant skills.  If only 3 or 4 new faces get on the board I hope we are able to still harness the efforts of the others that have gone to the bother of putting themselves forward, it would be shame to lose their input.

Obviously if there are any known weirdos give them a miss.

39 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

He missed the entirety of pre-season and signed for them less than a week before their first league game. 

Give the boy a chance, he’s only been there 5 mins. 

I wasn't knocking him, I want him to smash it out the park (figuratively, not so much in the hoofing sense), so yeah the lack of pre-season is a good reason for playing in the lower league.   As long as he's happy... he's already got a couple of assists which I'm sure he'll have enjoyed

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The Co-opted ones are the issue.

Who?

To me it seems perfectly obvious that certain skills should be included regardless of the results of a who has most mates contest.

And given it's the elected board the brings them on, there doesn't seem a democratic problem either.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

11 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

There's a Nashville guy? Didn't know us exiles were eligible.

Yeah, seems like he’s not even an exile though. Just some mad yank that has decided to follow Motherwell. Points off for calling it the Scottish Premier (Prem-eer) League in his wee spiel though. I’ve chucked in a vote for him for a laugh along with some more serious ones. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

The Co-opted ones are the issue.

Can't say I agree with that one either. 

A fully fresh WS board for me would be a decent step forward. Needs completely reinvigorated in my opinion.

But you do kind of need to retain some of the experience and those 2 co opted I'd argue have it over others especially dealing with the club, staff and board itself 

Edited by eliphas

4 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Is Sturm Graz II their reserve or development team?   Has he effectively been transferred down to that for this season?

A B team, virtually. Think a certain number of "A team" players can play for them every week while still being eligible for the "A team", so he'll probably bounce between them for a bit.